Games watched since bruce has been manager?/Would you go back once allowed

astraguy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You have Two votes one for the first three questions and then one for the  last two

Just wanna know what everyone else's view on games has been since mainly our last hope of the club going forward Rafa was let go? For me i just follow the news/check results hoping we have positive news on any takeover. Regarding results or even goals i show no emotion win or lose couldn't give a **** until Ashley has gone taking bruce with him.

I’ve watched most of the games on TV because I have someone else’s login and there’s nothing else to do. As I’ve said before, it actually annoys me more when we win. If it wasn’t got covid I would probably have stopped watching entirely.

Wouldn’t go anywhere near going to a game until Ashley is gone.

I really only consider myself a Newcastle fan in theory at this point, and barely even that. I’ve considered joining the Spurs season ticket waiting list, but in actual fact I’d probably just stop watching the PL.

The rules aren’t helping either, VAR and handball are near ruining it.

Just wanna know what everyone else's view on games has been since mainly our last hope of the club going forward Rafa was let go? For me i just follow the news/check results hoping we have positive news on any takeover. Regarding results or even goals i show no emotion win or lose couldn't give a **** until Ashley has gone taking bruce with him.

You have Two votes one for the first three questions and then one for the  last two

Pretty much the same which is quite sad. I envy people who can still get excited about the goals and such a bit. Unfortunately the situation clouds the ‘yeah but it’s still Newcastle winning’ far too much for me. It’s not how you should feel I accept that but it’s not without rationale.

I’ve watched most of the games on TV because I have someone else’s login and there’s nothing else to do. As I’ve said before, it actually annoys me more when we win. If it wasn’t got covid I would probably have stopped watching entirely.

Wouldn’t go anywhere near going to a game until Ashley is gone.

I really only consider myself a Newcastle fan in theory at this point, and barely even that. I’ve considered joining the Spurs season ticket waiting list, but in actual fact I’d probably just stop watching the PL.

The rules aren’t helping either, VAR and handball are near ruining it.

I agree with that thought it might be an age thing but Football really is getting boring now with all the rule changes

I've watched every game of ours but have found myself hardly watching any other football apart from us. The way our takeover was handled and the way the PL and top 6 have fought tooth and nail to stop it has made me think what on earth is the point in football if you're stopped from competing at the top of the league. You're just expected to be happy with a mid table finish every year. If the takeover doesn't get pushed through, I probably will watch even less as it really is a pointless sport unless you're in that top 6.

Stopped going regularly long before Ashley arrived. Under Sir Bobby we had a great team playing in a great stadium but the atmosphere had evaporated. Long periods of near silence, a half minute of shouting when we scored, some polite applause now and again.

Watch pretty much all the games on iptv now, do get affected by results, much prefer a win whoever is manager/owner but would much prefer a new manager and a new owner.

Would love to be 17 standing on a terrace watching KK’s team again, nothing will bring that back though.

Miserable cunt in short aye😀

Had a season ticket for Rafa's 3 full seasons, decided to get one without hesitation when I knew he had the job full time and soon as it was confirmed that he was gone, so was I.

Will not be returning unless there's another shift in Ashley's stance. Appoint a decent manager and show some desire to do more than survive and I'm back.

Any new owner is like performing a factory reset for me, and if I can afford it I will very likely get a ticket the day he is gone. He isn't here forever, he's not immortal.

Guest neesy111

Haven't been since Everton defeat in December 17.  Would go to the odd game if we get taken over, but prefer to be a bit of a football hipster across the continent going forward.

I watch them because in "these strange times" (copyright: every single MP and media outlet) there's nothing else to do. However I feel very little emotion when we score or win. Right now I just find myself laughing in disbelief at how lucky we can be.

I've done one game as Bruce as manager - Leicester away last season - and walked out after the fourth went in, calling him every name under the sun.

I've got no desire to go back as long as he or Ashley are here.

I've seen bits of quite a few games when I can be arsed, but very, very few from the first minute to the last.

It's quite an existential matter really because I simply don't associate with this thing any more. NUFC was basically a limb when I was growing up; it's difficult to describe the connection, not that I need to on here. But your club is like the embodiment of your aspirations and a crucial, defining part of identity - certainly in my case; so when it loses all aspirations and loses all identity - what's left? I can't support this. I want us to lose and I'm terrified of this imposter accidentally doing something remarkable.

Rafa leaving was the final nail in the coffin for me, and I won't be going anywhere near the place until the merry brigade of people I despise have been replaced with ones that I can at least respect (even if they're shit!), and the football club starts behaving like a football club again.

Stopped bothering watching on TV but just got Sky/BT again for the festive period. Found myself actively wanting us to lose, sorry but I couldn’t give a shit. I live near Bath now and went to Southampton away the last match before the lockdown. Primarily to take my NUFC supporting mate who I converted years ago to his first away game. Enjoyed the day out and the beers but only half heartedly celebrated the win.

I’m currently watching the games and holding my nose as there’s seemingly a chance of a takeover that is predicated on PL safety. If that falls through I’m out for good.

Had most of the matches at the end of last season and beginning of this on in the background while doing other stuff, but haven't watched any of the last 5-6 matches. My father wanted to see the matches since he couldn't go to the pub anymore after they locked down in Spain again, so I lent him my subscription. I didn't have the heart to tell him it will only let one unit watch at a time, as he wouldn't have accepted it if he didn't think I was able to watch too :lol: Kinda glad though, as my interest is close to non-existant and mainly use it to watch other matches.

Watch all of the games, still want us to win. I just generally have a better day if we win, plus I believe that as long as we're in the PL we have a better chance of getting a takeover than if we weren't based on absolutely nothing but blind hope. The fact that takeover stuff is bubbling on in the background helps. Would I go back? Well, I miss it. I miss pre COVID life full stop, every single thing. The pubs, going out, no face masks, restaurants, being with me mates. And I suppose that I miss the match: the pre and post match craic in the pubs, the all round experience of being in SJP, probably going out after, but I was missing it even at the start of last season even though I knew I wouldn't be going back whilst the AIDS team of Bruce and Ashley are together. But with the hope of a takeover in the background, I'd probably entertain the idea of going but I wouldn't fork out the money for it, probably take up a free ticket if one was offered. #mackem

Wouldn't like to go if I was one of the 2k or 4k restricted crowds, mind. Only a normal, post COVID full house. Hopefully by that time comes, we have new owners.

I already stopped watching all full games once Rafa left and was replaced by baconhead. Still watched few in the early days but have stopped watching entirely now. Mostly because of Bruce. Shame. A decent set of players but hardly the most inspiring football played under the dinosaur we have now.