In memoriam

James

On 01/04/2021 at 15:16, Wullie said:

Yeovil's current captain Lee Collins has died, 32 years old. Cause of death not yet released but he was on the bench last week.

Suicide. Hung himself in his hotel room. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Louise Taylor was once hated around these parts. That was until her scathing review of Steve Bruce's tenure at Sunderland crops up and supports our case against the useless twat.

• 4 weeks later...

A great player in a class Ipswich Town team from the late 70s.

Paul Marriner played in one of the very first games I went to  '76 ( i think) in the game that was abandoned at half time when we were winning 1-0  Ipswich were top of the league at the time.  Hell on after it was called off.

RIP Paul Mariner.                    I

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a bit of a niche one, but anyone from the Tynedale area that played youth football up the the early noughties is probably aware of Ivor Gray, who coached kids at Stocksfield, who has died at 86.

Must have been about 97/98 (U13s ish) when I was at Stocksfield. He was always there for mid week coaching and obviously the games and he was in his 60s then. Imagine he'd done it for many years before and I know he was still coaching a fair few years after I had left. Marvellous man. 

https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/19459464.tributes-paid-stocksfield-fc-legend-ivor-gray-mbe/