In memoriam

James

22 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

And also a fascist, racist and unrepentant supporter of a genocidal war criminal.

Yep. Will be interesting how many will mention that for balance in his obituaries 😬

47 minutes ago, Sima said:

Never mind that shit, what about the hat-trick of free kicks?

We are talking about a player who just passed away. I don’t agree with his opinions and many of the things that he did. However, in regards to your patronising shit in a thread like this, you’re talking from a position of privilege, a position of someone that didn’t grow up in a complex country with a long history of ethnic wars. We see this type of behaviour from people in the Balkan still today, nevertheless 20-30 years ago when war was still ongoing. Otherwise, congratulations on a good and sensible post.

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

We are talking about a player who just passed away. I don’t agree with his opinions and many of the things that he did. However, in regards to your patronising shit in a thread like this, you’re talking from a position of privilege, a position of someone that didn’t grow up in a complex country with a long history of ethnic wars. We see this type of behaviour from people in the Balkan still today, nevertheless 20-30 years ago when war was still ongoing. Otherwise, congratulations on a good and sensible post.

You’ve read way too much into my post. Wasn’t even having a go.  

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

not many left now

Lived 0.5 miles from my old house. His family did a lot to support local grassroots football and, though a private bloke, he lent his name to good causes often. RIP.