In Memoriam - non-football edition

5 hours ago, thomas said:

One of the few celeb deaths that actually made me feel a little sick instead of just sad. guy was a goddamn institution.

His "anti-roast" of Bob Saget - which took an entire dais of great comedians so by surprise that you could the realization slowly spread on the stage like sunrise stretching over a landscape, is monumental.

man :(

Comedy Central was nice enough to post it -

14 hours ago, CFlan said:

Ah fuck :( 

His ESPYs intro is still the GOAT

Everyone licks Ricky Gervais' hoop for doing this same thing in a room full of actors. Takes some heftier balls to go out in front of a load of NFL players and call them nonces and murderers [emoji38]

30 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

Everyone licks Ricky Gervais' hoop for doing this same thing in a room full of actors. Takes some heftier balls to go out in front of a load of NFL players and call them nonces and murderers [emoji38]

Never seen that...but OOOOOF :lol:

7 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

I have never heard anything like that before...

Take the Metro round the bottom way for long enough and I'm sure DJ Daftcunt will get on board at some point to treat you to a live set of the pick of the genre from his bluetooth speaker. YESSSAAAH

Had a 48k as a kid then when I got a 128k with the built in tape deck it was next level. So many good memories, was joyous going into a shop and picking  game based on the lurid cover. The magazine's were great too with the free cassette Your Sinclair? Proper British humour when there was no accountability for a bad or sarcastic review.

Was a Commodore +4/64 kid myself, but Sir Clive and the Zx was huge in how computing, bedroom programming, and (occasionally hatstand) gaming affected the country. 

Was sad when the twang of excitement when you heard he'd come up with something new became less and less frequent over the years.