In Memoriam - non-football edition

17 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It’s one of a few TV episodes I remember first seeing with the whole family. The ambulance one and the Peckham Spring one were others. Lot of nostalgia there.

Peckham spring and the satellite TV when the plane diverts for me. Was proper family round the telly TV.

Edited by Si

On 20/09/2021 at 00:12, et tu brute said:

RIP Boycie, Greavsie and Newcastle Diamonds who raced their last meeting today (and nearly certainly closed for good) after starting up in 1929. Sad day all round.

Followed the Diamonds since about 1964.

24 hour shift rota and move away stopped me getting there recently. Lot of history. 🙁

On 21/09/2021 at 19:57, ennyoueffsea said:

Followed the Diamonds since about 1964.

24 hour shift rota and move away stopped me getting there recently. Lot of history. 🙁

News that the team has been saved for next year after the Promoter had a change of heart. Excellent news as the speedway team has a massive history within the city and the speedway world and was the starting point for 4 future world champions. Team needs to be competetive though as they have been the whipping boys for the last few years. 

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

News that the team has been saved for next year after the Promoter had a change of heart. Excellent news as the speedway team has a massive history within the city and the speedway world and was the starting point for 4 future world champions. Team needs to be competetive though as they have been the whipping boys for the last few years. 

Great news that. 👍

As you say, need to strengthen and compete. Here’s hoping a longer term future can be secured.