What are you watching right now?

6 hours ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

"Future Man" on Amazon Prime, didn't expect to enjoy it but its a right howl.

Eliza Coupe is lush aswell.

Enjoyed that iirc.

On 09/10/2021 at 09:48, Cf said:

Also just finished Squid Game. Highly recommended. Few issues though (spoilers obv):

Hide contents

- The detective plot felt ultimately pointless. They never shown him dead so perhaps he's back for S2 but if not it was a lot of screen time for the easy to guess reveal of his brother. 

- Old man being the instigator of the games. Didn't feel the show needed this twist. And again, it wasn't hard to see coming. 

- The ending and the coincidence of seeing the salesman cumulating in the setting up of a S2. I'll take a second season but don't think we really need one. 

Spoiler

Maybe I was a bit slow, but I didn't see the old man twist coming at all.  Even looking through the "clues", it seems remarkably tenuous.  I wasn't really a fan of this twist to be honest - seemed a bit of a weak explanation.

On 10/10/2021 at 08:09, TBG said:

@oldtype Could you translate this into Korean for me and send it to HoYeon Jung if you know her.

"Dear, HoYeon Jung, I'm just gonna come out with it. So sorry not sorry if it's too forward, but I'd definitely hold your hand in public".

Get in line, bud.

Finished Ted Lasso Season 2

Spoiler

Overall the season got better as it went on but still wasn’t half as good as the first.

The football element felt tagged on at the end and rushed, the reborn Jamie Tart character is awful and I just don’t buy the Nate transformation at the end. 

Four eps into Midnight Mass. Enjoying it but Christ Kate Siegel is intensely boring to watch, with the young male lead likewise. Thought the same in Hill House as well. Just read that she's married to the creator. 

19 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Four eps into Midnight Mass. Enjoying it but Christ Kate Siegel is intensely boring to watch, with the young male lead likewise. Thought the same in Hill House as well. Just read that she's married to the creator. 

Didn't really feel that way about her, but definitely in regards to the young male lead. I convinced myself that he did a good job of playing what was essentially an empty vessel. It worked as a foil to the Anthony Perkins-esque performance by the actor that played the priest.

I do like their relationship, but they are both just boring people, her because she never left, and him because he did.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:20, Hughesy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe I was a bit slow, but I didn't see the old man twist coming at all.  Even looking through the "clues", it seems remarkably tenuous.  I wasn't really a fan of this twist to be honest - seemed a bit of a weak explanation.

Not the biggest fan of everyone calling a plot point a "twist" these days (not directed at you, Hughesy, but in general). A twist is when a reveal turns the plot upside down, this was just a plot reveal that the old man was behind the game and it gave us and the main character an explanation for why it existed. 

16 hours ago, George Bailey said:

Started ‘Paris police 1900’

Decent watch so far 3 episodes in.

Set around the time and events of the Dreyfus case and it’s fallout in french politics.

Quite graphic in parts.

Looking forward to this - read the Robert Harris novel on the Dreyfus case and it's quite a fascinating story.

Started watching Maid with Margaret Qualley, 2 episodes in. Hope the rest of the season is the same standard.

Shows how difficult to escape an abusive partner.