What are you watching right now?

Yorkie

I've started The Expanse too. Not convinced so far and need subtitles on but will stick with it.

Literally justj binged through it this lockdown. It's so good, S2 improves a lot on 1 if you're not sure if to continue when you've finished.

Cheers. I've just been finding it a wee bit difficult to follow, like the dialogue isn't mixed particularly well or something. Particularly (/only?) in the scenes on Ceres and Earth.

Takes a bit to get going, but there's a point midway through season 1 where it basically became unmissable for me.

Cheers. I've just been finding it a wee bit difficult to follow, like the dialogue isn't mixed particularly well or something. Particularly (/only?) in the scenes on Ceres and Earth.

Season 1 is essentially shit, even the writers believed that. But it's essential to lay the foundations of the story, whole thing is actually terrible and I skip it on every rewatch. Season 2, episode 1-5 are sublime. If you find yourself at the end of that point and still 'meh', it'll not be for you, but that's the moment you find out one way or another.

The language the belters speak is a 'creole' or something, essentially it's meant to sound bad as there's no structure to their language and is made up on the fly by communities that emigrate from earth. Definitely deliberate, not a mixing problem.

Loads of stuff I never properly appreciated from The US Office, before. I don’t remember finding Creed so brilliant. I also didn’t used to like Dwight, as much. Michael has more redeeming qualities than Brent. Like he is more full on and extreme. Yet he seems a nicer person behind all of that. The main takeaway is how much he hates Toby and how funny it is. Which kind of ruins my previous point about him, I guess :lol:

Who would have thought watching them in order and not random double bills on Comedy Central, would be a good idea.

The only think I don’t like about it is the Jim and Pam story. I don’t care about either of them and have no interest in their relationship unlike I did with Tim and Dawn. All the other characters are brilliant

I prefer Jim/Pam to Dawn/Tim, prefer Dwight to Gareth, Stanley/Creed/Kevin to their UK equivalents etc. It's just Brent I prefer to Michael.

Currently on season 5, so I guess it's almost time to jump off the train before it de-reails.

The only think I don’t like about it is the Jim and Pam story. I don’t care about either of them and have no interest in their relationship unlike I did with Tim and Dawn. All the other characters are brilliant

Yeah, found the Jim/Pam stuff tedious. No so bad once they were together. Apparently they were supposed to be split up near the end of the whole thing, but the two actors fought against that. Fuck off, sad cunts.

I prefer Jim/Pam to Dawn/Tim, prefer Dwight to Gareth, Stanley/Creed/Kevin to their UK equivalents etc. It's just Brent I prefer to Michael.

Currently on season 5, so I guess it's almost time to jump off the train before it de-reails.

Can't have that.  Tim and Dawn was a great story and that last scene when they finally get together is just  :smitten:

Dwight and Gareth is close.  Probably lean more towards Gareth, TBH. 

They certainly seem to get the supporting cast more involved.  I don't remember much from Oliver, the office black man, for example.  Whereas Stanley is in it a fair bit.  Big fan of Keith, but again, Kevin seems somehow more involved.  Not sure who's Creed UK equivalent is, but he is amazing.

It's more the format of the shows than anything.  Tim and Dawn was a perfect character arc that ended at the right time.  They tried to do the same with Jim and Pam, but stretched it out over 50 odd episodes, then had to continue with their mundane married life for another 6 years after it should have ended.

Harsh on Andy, his heart is in the right place until it goes to pieces with Erin and he went unrealistically cruel.

Jim is a dullard.

The correct answers to all the questions and comparisons here is, one way or another, Ben Wyeth and/or Ron Swanson.

Harsh on Andy, his heart is in the right place until it goes to pieces with Erin and he went unrealistically cruel.

Jim is a dullard.

The correct answers to all the questions and comparisons here is, one way or another, Ben Wyeth and/or Ron Swanson.

Up until that point he was 90% "woah Big Tuna!".

Just remembered Catherine Tate was in it.  Can't even remember her character's name.

Guest Howaythetoon

Been binge watching stuff about Everest, would love to go to base camp one day and visit Nepal/Kathmandu etc.

:thup: looks stunning.

Into Thin Air is terrific if you’ve not read it.

“Everest” the documentary narrated by Liam Neeson (not the feature film, thought that one is fine too) is a good watch.

Cheers for the recommendations Tomato Deuce[/member] :thup:

Jim is arguably the worst character.

Andy.

They clearly just didn't know where the fuck they wanted to go with him. I feel like he had 3 completely different characters by the end.

The last few seasons weren't great but I still watched em during my binge. I just wasn't ready to let go of The Office prematurely.

• Yorkie changed the title to What are you watching right now? [ph]