What are you watching right now?

Yorkie

On 20/09/2022 at 15:09, Django said:

Mark Heap, yep he's hilarious. I remember him from Spaced and Brass Eye/ Jam. I like the Gervais piss take guy, in fact all the actors are great.

It's gentle comedy for sure, nothing groundbreaking but I usually get at least a couple of sniggers out of it (which is good for me)

It just seems to me really well put together with cracking performances but yeah it's not edgy or original in any way.

I enjoyed the nod to Blackadder's Bob in the final episode.

Spencer Jones is the guy doing the Gervais-style actor. You'd love his live act though, very surreal and dadaist with shitloads of homemade props.

On 20/09/2022 at 01:06, Mike said:

:lol: I only enjoy Upstart Crow when I'm really injured or sick. Every time I'm in the hospital it's fucking laughs.

Whatshisname from Friday Night Dinner is immense in it.

Would heartedly recommend The Witchfinder.

Maybe a slow start but the characters are great.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0b6xghr/the-witchfinder-series-1-episode-1

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Why have I never cared about this show before?

Just got to the episode where Dennis and Dee, come up with the wonderful idea of going on welfare and getting addicted to crack.

8/10, so far.

Edited by lxsln

Halfway through s2 of The Capture, having re-watched s1 beforehand. 

Jesus Christ, this is gripping! Like sewelly says you have to suspend your belief a lot but ignore that and this is one of the best thrillers on TV in recent years. Recommend it :thup:

2 hours ago, lxsln said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Why have I never cared about this show before?

Just got to the episode where Dennis and Dee, come up with the wonderful idea of going on welfare and getting addicted to crack.

8/10, so far.

Easily my favourite US sitcom. S4-10 is absolute peak. So you've got so much more gold to get stuck into. 

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Jesus Christ, this is gripping! Like sewelly says you have to suspend your belief a lot but ignore that and this is one of the best thrillers on TV in recent years. Recommend it :thup:

I really enjoyed it but you do need to forget how nonsense it is. 

Right, Question time, I know it's got shit but new depths. In Grimsby and a tiny audience.  What's scary is Fiona Bruce introducing members of the audience "you voted Labour/Conservative" really showing  how hand picked the audience is.

4 hours ago, madras said:

Right, Question time, I know it's got shit but new depths. In Grimsby and a tiny audience.  What's scary is Fiona Bruce introducing members of the audience "you voted Labour/Conservative" really showing  how hand picked the audience is.

WTF is that set all about?

TBH, knowing which party people voted for is kind of worthless in the current climate. What they voted for might be informative.

Edit:  Bruce has just prevented questions in response to the tory's answer because they had sooooooo many questions to get through, then immediately advertises next week's show. It's incredible.

Edited by Happinesstan

2 hours ago, NWMag said:

That’ Jeffrey Dahmer show on Netflix. 

Never heard of the guy until last week, but it’s quite a disturbing series.

Know the story from books and documentaries, series started to get a tiny bit repetitive but episode 6 has me right back in. 

23 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Is a rewatch of series 1 necessary? I can barely remember a thing about it. 

4 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Having enjoyed all of the Sherlock novels so far, I rifled through Sherlock on the iPlayer. 

First 2 seasons very good. Last 2 just got a bit daft. Decent overall, no idea how it's got 9.1 on IMDB mind. 

I first read the novels in the 90s, couldn't believe how good they were. I loved CD's writing style.

Then ended up moving to London in '99 and working on Baker Street for 21 years.

But yeah, agree with you about the BBC adaptation.

I never liked the ITV version either.

I'd love someone to make a version of A Study in Scarlet that does the story justice.

Edited by kingkerouac