What are you watching right now?

Yorkie

On 21/01/2023 at 13:59, Cf said:

Just finished the US traitors myself. Spoilers for UK too. 

Reveal hidden contents

WTF was that ending. How on earth did she get away with it. She said she chose to banish again because "there is someone here who hasn't earned the money". Cue Arie outing himself as a recruited traitor. How did they not just instantly peg Cirie as a Traitor right there and then? Fair enough for Andie who was this series' Meryl but Quentin had shown a certain amount of nous to him. Utter morons.

(As an aside when Arie was thrown under the bus note he didn't throw his toys out of the pram unlike Kieran. Wilf's plan should have worked because the others were oblivious but didn't because Kieran just outed him. Cirie's plan on the other hand should have failed due to being idiotic but was allowed to succeed because of the remaining players being thick). 

As a whole I enjoyed it but the UK version is better. They need to drop the reality TV people. Kate especially ruined it. It was just generally more bitchy and I don't think it needs to be. The shorter run time hurts it a little bit too. 

Enjoyed Alan Cumming. Had a different style to Claudia and I think they both did a really good job of it. Never heard anyone pronounce dollars quite like him before. 

Agree with all of this.

On 22/01/2023 at 12:18, Froggy said:

Hopefully start the US Traitors tomorrow. Finishing the Australian one tonight. It's been quality as well. :lol: challenges are much better. 

Where can I watch this?

Have seen all the UK Traitors and about 5 episodes of the US Traitors so far.

I’m sure this has been mentioned by many on here already, but is the following not a flaw/gap in the show?

Spoiler

At the breakfasts they always seem to bring the faithfuls into the room at the end to increase the tension as to who might have been murdered the previous night. Surely it’s then obvious to the others that the last one or two people to enter the room are always therefore faithfuls? 

note - I’ve not gone back over every episode to test that theory [emoji38]

I’m enjoying the US version so far but I don’t feel the celebrity element adds anything to the show, plus it’s a shame they are doing all identical changes to the UK one so it does feel repetitive at times.

Happy Valley

Seems to be getting incredibly far fetched now

:lol:

Have I missed how the woman who shot her own son in the last series is now allowed out of jail?

Also I'm convinced that the Asian pharmacist is a terrible actor.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Happy Valley

Hide contents

Seems to be getting incredibly far fetched now

:lol:

Have I missed how the woman who shot her own son in the last series is now allowed out of jail?

Also I'm convinced that the Asian pharmacist is a terrible actor.

A lot of time has passed between the seasons don't forget, the kid is basically an adult now.

It's about 8 years isn't it? If I shot my child would I be allowed out 8 years later? I'm sure she got done on a lesser charge but just don't think it's been explained very well

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's about 8 years isn't it? If I shot my child would I be allowed out 8 years later? I'm sure she got done on a lesser charge but just don't think it's been explained very well

Possibly yeah, not for premeditated murder but a lesser charge. Can’t remember an explanation but that was my assumption. 

Let the Right One In - Good, nothing great, inadvertently serves as a prequel to True Blood.

Operation Mincemeat - Pure unadulterated pish. A bunch of British actors walking around sets being charming to one another.

Kaleidoscope - Genuinely terrible. Finally reached Gus Fring/Giancarlo Esposito fatique, retire please, or try something different. 

Better Call Saul - Perfect, great wrap up.

The Peripheral - A lot of hype, a lot of nothing.

Treason - OK.

Rogue Agent - Glorified TV movie.

Whiplash - Brilliant.

The Offer - Top stuff.

The Rig - LOL. So bad.

Hunters 2 - Nicely wrapped up.

Winning Time - Great.

Can't remember anything else.

@BlufPurdi Is Hunters worth giving another shot for the second series? I quite enjoyed the first one, although:

Spoiler

losing Murray was hard to take

and the last episode was pretty much:

Spoiler

:yao:

Edited by number37

31 minutes ago, number37 said:

@BlufPurdi Is Hunters worth giving another shot for the second series? I quite enjoyed the first one, although:

Reveal hidden contents

losing Murray was hard to take

and the last episode was pretty much:

Reveal hidden contents

:yao:

Worth finishing off, yeah. I enjoyed the first season too, although not sure if it was the whole antisemitism period, but felt it was a bit reckless. Seemed much more straight forward this season.

Dopesick - Brilliant.

The Dropout - How did I not hear about this IRL? Almost felt better watching it like that though, the slow realisation it was all true was "holy shit" inducing.

Hacks - Surprisingly good.

Deep State -Average, gets worse in season 2.

Mayor of Kingstown - A bit ridiculous but fair enough watch.

1923 - Along with 1883, decent enough, but fuck off man. No one cares about this shit. Pure aimless, tortured, repetitive stories. Same goes with Yellowstone tbh. Jamie's been a bad boy again. Yawn.

22 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Also this was a fun way to kill 10 minutes :lol: 

6:45 if you want to get to "The Christopher Nolan of it all" :lol: (and also the real reason why we all need subtitles now)

Really interesting.  I thought I was weird for starting to watch everything but live sports with subtitles a few years ago.