What are you watching right now?

Yorkie

saw ep 1 of The Boys long ago but never followed up, currently binging through S1. on E6 now. Been class so far.

Actual bellyache from laughing at The Deep launching the dolphin out of the van :lol: :lol:

Finished the binge. Did people really think S2 fell off that much? Wasn't super pleased at the end but felt it was very strong regardless.

I’ve become exceedingly soft in fatherhood, watching the christmas special of The Office and completely fell apart emotionally when Dawn walked back into the party :lol:

Such a perfect finale to that show.

I’ve become exceedingly soft in fatherhood, watching the christmas special of The Office and completely fell apart emotionally when Dawn walked back into the party :lol:

Think I’ve always been a bit soft on that stuff, but fatherhood has totally fucked me when it comes to emotional stuff about kids. There’s loads of things I struggle to watch now, but I think I cry every time “Cats in the Cradle” comes on.

Always been a bit of a softie with that scene. A great and happy ending  :smitten:

Think I’ve always been a bit soft on that stuff, but fatherhood has totally fucked me when it comes to emotional stuff about kids. There’s loads of things I struggle to watch now, but I think I cry every time “Cats in the Cradle” comes on.

Was a couple of years ago when I put on “The Land Before Time” and the opening scene annihilated me. Fucking T-Rex murders his mother right in front of him. How in fuck am I supposed to watch that? :lol:

Local Hero.  Only film I ever watch these days, every couple of Christmases. Honestly, it's so fucking good to this day :aww: a very young Peter Capaldi plays a fucking blinder

Every little thing about it.

The motorcyclist who just speeds up and down the street.

The Russian smuggler/sailor.

The band at the Ceilidh.

Burt Lancaster's psychiatrist.

A superb film and a sad reminder of the greatness of Bill Forsyth.

It's absolutely perfect in pretty much every regard IMO. Whenever I see it again, the thought always crosses my mind that the reason I don't bother with film or television any more is maybe that I've already seen this and I don't really need to see anything else [emoji38]

That last scene and the music starting as the credits roll :smitten:

There's a new Charlie Brooker ting on Netflix. Docudrama, 'Death to 2020'.

Was decent, obviously, but a long long way from his best work. Actually needed more him.

It's basically a 'Year'-Wipe with Brooker's script spoken by actors playing stereotypes; or like an A-list expansion of the Shitpeas/Cunk stuff. Including Cristin Milioti with whom I'm very much in love.

Watched ‘Back’ over the last couple of days. A Mitchell and Webb comedy. I vaguely remember it being advertised, but never really heard anyone mention it and didn’t realise it was 3 years old.

Pretty funny, I thought. David Mitchell’s character just seems like Mark from Peep Show with a beard and a drink problem :lol: but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I’ve been recently watching the 11 O’clock Show on YouTube. I remembered it being very good but it’s even better than that, right up there with anything Channel 4 has done IMO. Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen with some of the best stuff they’ve done and the legacy it has with what they went on to do after.

Watched ‘Back’ over the last couple of days. A Mitchell and Webb comedy. I vaguely remember it being advertised, but never really heard anyone mention it and didn’t realise it was 3 years old.

Pretty funny, I thought. David Mitchell’s character just seems like Mark from Peep Show with a beard and a drink problem :lol: but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I thought it was canny in places but a bit too similar to Peep Show for me, the characters were too similar (DM as the stuck-up angry at the world one, RW as the floating through life affable drifter) and it obviously wasn't as good.