What are you watching right now?

Yorkie

Just finished "The Ripper" on Netflix. Remember seeing it on the news as a kid and found the archival footage interesting and also the interviews with children of the deceased was pretty heart breaking stuff. The whole "bungled" investigation where they obsessed over the mackem hoaxer and also the institutional misogyny was stunning to see as an adult though.

Incredible how they convinced themselves that the bloke had to be from Sunderland, mainly because some alcoholic twat said so on a tape and sent a few letters, while all the murders were happening in Yorkshire and the North West. Meanwhile, several women lost their lives because eye witness testimony from survivors was ignored (due to those women not being prostitutes which didn't fit their skewed and confused profile) and interviews with the real fucker (Sutcliffe was actually quizzed NINE TIMES) were ignored because he wasn't from Sunderland. Fuck me, don't know how those running that clown show back then could live with themselves afterwards.

I've nearly finished Fargo season 2 after seeing the recommendation in here. Absolutely fucking loved it tbh, everything about it. A brilliantly tangled and compelling story, great characters and cast, adore the period/setting, darkly comedic, interesting themes - just brilliant.

Watched ‘Back’ over the last couple of days. A Mitchell and Webb comedy. I vaguely remember it being advertised, but never really heard anyone mention it and didn’t realise it was 3 years old.

Pretty funny, I thought. David Mitchell’s character just seems like Mark from Peep Show with a beard and a drink problem :lol: but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I thought it was canny in places but a bit too similar to Peep Show for me, the characters were too similar (DM as the stuck-up angry at the world one, RW as the floating through life affable drifter) and it obviously wasn't as good.

Yeah. It is basically Mark Corrigan with a beard and in a pub. But I thought Webb’s character was a bit further away from just being Jez.

It feels like the supporting cast are in it a lot more and most are funny as fuck. The old geezer, Jeff? He has some great lines. He was in the Quantocks episode of Peep Show, I think.

I’ve been recently watching the 11 O’clock Show on YouTube. I remembered it being very good but it’s even better than that, right up there with anything Channel 4 has done IMO. Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen with some of the best stuff they’ve done and the legacy it has with what they went on to do after.

Didn't Gervais display a collection of his own art and one drawing indicated him crudely sucking on his own cock?

Just finished "The Ripper" on Netflix. Remember seeing it on the news as a kid and found the archival footage interesting and also the interviews with children of the deceased was pretty heart breaking stuff. The whole "bungled" investigation where they obsessed over the mackem hoaxer and also the institutional misogyny was stunning to see as an adult though.

Incredible how they convinced themselves that the bloke had to be from Sunderland, mainly because some alcoholic twat said so on a tape and sent a few letters, while all the murders were happening in Yorkshire and the North West. Meanwhile, several women lost their lives because eye witness testimony from survivors was ignored (due to those women not being prostitutes which didn't fit their skewed and confused profile) and interviews with the real fucker (Sutcliffe was actually quizzed NINE TIMES) were ignored because he wasn't from Sunderland. Fuck me, don't know how those running that clown show back then could live with themselves afterwards.

David Peace's Red Riding Trilogy goes into that in a fictionalised account of the corruption and ineptitude among South Yorkshire Police.

He's pretty damning of them all. Laziness, corruption, stupidity. I remember it was televised on Ch4 a canny while back.

Man down. Very childish but equally funny. Didn’t know until someone mentioned it at work. Was pleasantly surprised to find Rik Mayall in it for this 1st season, even more so to find out how bloody brilliant he was in it. Then comes my heart breaking as he dies and has to be written out of it. Ah fuck, still not over this one.  :'(

I’ve been recently watching the 11 O’clock Show on YouTube. I remembered it being very good but it’s even better than that, right up there with anything Channel 4 has done IMO. Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen with some of the best stuff they’ve done and the legacy it has with what they went on to do after.

Didn't Gervais display a collection of his own art and one drawing indicated him crudely sucking on his own cock?

I haven’t seen that one but it sounds on point for the show. Forgot about Daisy Donovan too :pardsbeard:

Man down. Very childish but equally funny. Didn’t know until someone mentioned it at work. Was pleasantly surprised to find Rik Mayall in it for this 1st season, even more so to find out how bloody brilliant he was in it. Then comes my heart breaking as he dies and has to be written out of it. Ah fuck, still not over this one.  :'(

What is this on?

What is this on?

It’s on Netflix, Greg Davies stars as basically himself. Really funny in places.

What is this on?

It’s on Netflix, Greg Davies stars as basically himself. Really funny in places.

It's great I loved it.

If you havent watched The New Statesman, I'd advise anyone reading this to go and order the dvds.

Probably the funniest and accurate portrayal of the deviousness of Conservative Politics and fits in so nicely with todays political landscape.

I only mentioned this because of Rik Mayal being mentioned above.

Guest Howaythetoon

If you havent watched The New Statesman, I'd advise anyone reading this to go and order the dvds.

Probably the funniest and accurate portrayal of the deviousness of Conservative Politics and fits in so nicely with todays political landscape.

I only mentioned this because of Rik Mayal being mentioned above.

Ah one of my faves, love Rick as well, gonna give this a rewatch.

Letterkenny S9 on Hulu now. The sister is still an absolute fucking worldie.

The fourth episode is so fucking funny. :lol:

Bonnie Macmurray is it, like.

Most of the chicks on that show are randomly fit as fuck.

:lol: Something incredible in the water in that town. The Jewish moms at the end were fucking unreal.

edit: Dan's new lass as well. Fuck's sake. It's like this show is on Cinemax.