What are you watching right now?

3 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

Christ that's was good and thank fuck I've got the film to roll onto tonight instead of a decade of unfinished business.

There's a couple of scenes when Jane keeps getting pissed off at people whispering and it cracked me up. Reminded me of me with my kids. :blush:

Is the film all it should be? 

I was happy with it and I reckon it was as good as could reasonably be hoped for given the gap between the end of the series and when it got produced. 

16 hours ago, thomas said:

I was happy with it and I reckon it was as good as could reasonably be hoped for given the gap between the end of the series and when it got produced. 

Watching it right now and the dialogue is pretty bad (completely over-wrought and attempting a Wild West Shakespeare vibe) but the movie covers what it needs to. 

9 hours ago, Ben said:

Just finished The Mare of Easttown, fantastic stuff, an absolute masterful  performance by Kate Winslet, outstanding.

Fantastic performance by Winslet, but I felt

Spoiler

the twist at the end was a little obvious as the father being caught with nearly 45 minutes run time left, plus the boys character was barely developed during the series apart from showing him having a temper (when he attacks the boy), which is always a bit of a give away. 

Posted (edited)

Annabel Croft spouting a whole load of bollocks.

BBC has been weird this morning. Started with Colin Jackson singing the praises of the people of Birmingham and talking about why sometimes professional athletes don't want to do interviews after failing to hit their performance target.

Next up was CAZ, in which some bloke was defending the decision to charge the poor people of Birmingham for climate change.

Then AC saying athletes need to just ignore their mental health and suck up to the media.

Edited by Happinesstan

12 hours ago, Ben said:

Just finished The Mare of Easttown, fantastic stuff, an absolute masterful  performance by Kate Winslet, outstanding.

Agreed, she is a fantastic actress.

Kudos to Jean Smart also.

I hope they write a second season.

2 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

Fantastic performance by Winslet, but I felt

Hide contents

the twist at the end was a little obvious as the father being caught with nearly 45 minutes run time left, plus the boys character was barely developed during the series apart from showing him having a temper (when he attacks the boy), which is always a bit of a give away. 

Also...

Spoiler

The old fella says he noticed his Police issue revolver had gone missing, but Ryan took it just before he went to meet Erin - 11.30-12pm - then says he returned it to the shed straight after the killing on his way home. So when did the old fella find out that it was gone? In the 1 and half hours that it was missing, around midnight?

2 hours ago, kingkerouac said:

Also...

Hide contents

The old fella says he noticed his Police issue revolver had gone missing, but Ryan took it just before he went to meet Erin - 11.30-12pm - then says he returned it to the shed straight after the killing on his way home. So when did the old fella find out that it was gone? In the 1 and half hours that it was missing, around midnight?

That’s a good point, also

Spoiler

An ex-cop just casually saying ‘oh, not quite sure where those two bullets went’ :bluestar:. I get he’s sad after his wife’s passing, but that’s pushing it!

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

The original with Alec Guinness as Smiley on Iplayer. As good as Gary Oldman was in the film the serial is far superior.

4 hours ago, Ben said:

HGTV's Rock the Block, everyone is too loud a shouty but some of the designs are fantastic.

Should be the slogan on our USA welcome sign, to be honest. 

Mare Of Easttown. 

I've avoided spoilers for this like the plague as the minute I saw bits of it I knew it'd be right up my street. Blasted through it all over the last couple of days and it didn't disappoint. 10/10 stuff, just amazing. 

I loved the tone of it, basically Mystic River or Gone Girl in series form but with a lot of genuinely warm and funny moments mixed in. The amount they made you care about these characters in just 7 episodes was unreal. 

Best thing I've seen in ages. 

Nearly through the entire GOT again and I forgot how great it fucking is, then the ending is nearly upon me... urgh!

How shit was the whole Sparrow bit btw!

4 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Mare Of Easttown. 

I've avoided spoilers for this like the plague as the minute I saw bits of it I knew it'd be right up my street. Blasted through it all over the last couple of days and it didn't disappoint. 10/10 stuff, just amazing. 

I loved the tone of it, basically Mystic River or Gone Girl in series form but with a lot of genuinely warm and funny moments mixed in. The amount they made you care about these characters in just 7 episodes was unreal. 

Best thing I've seen in ages. 

How big a spoiler is:

Spoiler

The bit I saw on gogglebox where they find the kids in the bloke's house and the male officer gets shot?