Jump to content

What are you watching right now?


Recommended Posts

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Hold the front page, Kaiz has a showbiz exclusive.

 

Try to remain on the subject. Going as low as trying to change the subject from the matter at hand to poor attempts at personal attacks is just admitting defeat.

 

 

Edited by Kaizero

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

The cunt was a reet cunt but the pretend cunt was worse.

 

That is just nonsense. You're applying your own definition onto something which already has a universal definition. There are varying quality of female reproductive organs. If you go for the slang term, there are varying degrees of stupidity in people as well and as such no universal definition of what a cunt is - as such you can be a bigger cunt than someone else or less of a cunt, yet remain a cunt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

How did Raised by Wolves get made ffs :lol:

 

Definition of a show being made by manatees moving balls in a pool.

What does that mean?

 

I still have it on my (long) watchlist, is it terrible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Django said:

What does that mean?

 

I still have it on my (long) watchlist, is it terrible?

 

Ref to a South Park episode where they discover the gags in Family Guy are made by manatees moving balls from one side of a pool to other, i.e. it makes no logical sense.

 

I liked RBW at the beginning, but it lost it's way in spectacular fashion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

 

Ref to a South Park episode where they discover the gags in Family Guy are made by manatees moving balls from one side of a pool to other, i.e. it makes no logical sense.

 

I liked RBW at the beginning, but it lost it's way in spectacular fashion.

Agree. It started with great promise. Looked wonderful too, which kept me hooked longer than I wished. Then it just turned to shit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Agree. It started with great promise. Looked wonderful too, which kept me hooked longer than I wished. Then it just turned to shit. 

 

Looked like Prometheus basically, but yeah that was part of keeping me going.  Hard to pinpoint where exactly it went wrong actually, one of those ones where it felt like they changed the writers mid episode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

 

Looked like Prometheus basically, but yeah that was part of keeping me going.  Hard to pinpoint where exactly it went wrong actually, one of those ones where it felt like they changed the writers mid episode.

 

They kinda did, which is why I think it was disjointed. The first half is done by the showrunner, as well as the last two episodes, and then there's some others in the middle without the same attachment to the story - as well as some producer meddling according to the review I've read. The first half is directed by Ridley Scott and Son, as well as the finale, and then there's just a bunch of randoms in the middle. If you have one creative team with a long term attachment to the material do a large chunk of the season and another creative team entirely do another part, you get what you got.

Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

 

Into the Night - Rubbish. 

 

Friends (rewatch) - beginning to age, thankfully. Bar the odd moment, first season was fucking excruciating shite. Gets better after a while before becoming shit and desperate in later seasons. Also, Mike's right, Phoebe is hot as shit when she tries. 

 

Bosch - Always decent enough, never anything special. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Using my Covid downtime to burn through some top watchin'. 

 

Gomorrah S1E1 - really exciting, def gonna buy the rest of it off Prime, pity it's not just available but nm. 

 

Sophie, A Murder In West Cork - really interesting, really frustrating. 

 

Rick and Morty S5E1/2 - so fucking good, man; how do they keep up the standard? Still feels so fresh as well. 

 

Love Island - not for me, Clive. 

 

The Old Guard (action movie with Charlize Theron on Netflix) - was a good watch, would recommend if you're after brainless action. Drags a bit in the middle. Also, you know how the Bourne movies landed and then every action film after that featured the same style? See today and John Wick, where every action set piece is basically a Headshots Ballet. 

 

This Morning - pretty good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2021 at 10:43, BlufPurdi said:

:lol:

 

Into the Night - Rubbish. 

 

Friends (rewatch) - beginning to age, thankfully. Bar the odd moment, first season was fucking excruciating shite. Gets better after a while before becoming shit and desperate in later seasons. Also, Mike's right, Phoebe is hot as shit when she tries. 

 

Bosch - Always decent enough, never anything special. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I haven't started the latest season yet, but I'm a big fan of Bosch. I like the slow pace and neo-noir aesthetic with jazzy flourishes. I think it boasts a really strong cast, solid characterisation, and good location work though some of the season-long story arcs can be a bit hokey especially come the climax. It kind of gestures towards the institutional complexity of something like The Wire and the psychological interiority of The Sopranos and other antihero shows without matching them for depth, but it also seems happy to exist on its own terms, somewhere between the A-listers and the average police procedural. I'm glad it's coming back, albeit in a slightly different format.

 

I also think Friends holds up, especially in the earlier seasons. But I'm with you on Into the Night Bluf! I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's absolute rubbish!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like it too to be fair, I just think most people would find it a bit boring. I'm actually rewatching now. :blush:

 

Didn't realise it was coming back. If you've not seen the final season I'll not ask in what form, I can take a guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mare of Easttown v. good.  Excellent performances, bit obvious all along mind.

 

Have detective shows always been like this (oh him for surez, no wait it's almost immediately not him now it's def someone else, no wait....) or has The Bridge infected my miiiiiiind?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...