What are you watching right now?

19 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

Watched Chernobyl again. Got over my dislike of it not being in Ukrainian or Russian or all of it. Pretty much love Jared Harris, wish he'd stop hanging himself mind. 

He's in the new Asimov Foundation adaptation too. Looking forward to it.

Edited by kingkerouac

That National Geographic series on 9/11 is just heart breaking:

The bloke with 60% burns and his contacts melted to his eyeballs...

The Dr describing the crushed woman in the street and putting the deceased tag on her while she was still alive....

The security bloke who did the quarterly fire drills that everyone hated who got over 2000 people out of the tower before heading back up...

The young paramedic finding the lass who was hit by the landing gear and getting her to the hospital...

The TV reporter filming practically underneath the falling tower...

The firefighters who were pallbearers 9 years later at the funeral of the women they rescued....

The bloke hanging on to the side of the tower but losing his grip and falling then cutting to the firefighters in the WTC lobby listening to the loud bangs of falling bodies hitting the pavement...

So many awful stories

Started watching “Turning Point”, the Netflix 9/11 docuseries. Really well done and has me in tears at parts.

I recommend “The Looming Tower” series for you 9/11-obsessed weirdos. Dramatization of the Lawrence Wright book that traces the intelligence failure that led to the attacks. Stars my guy Jeff Daniels.

23 hours ago, Yorkie said:

@Lush Vlad which one disturbed you the most? :lol:

Thread here btw: 

Spoiler

Tough call. 

I suppose the manhunt/running man episode was really interesting and had me questioning some of my own views on crime and judgement and how we perceive the guilty.  Great twist towards the end.

The memory one was disturbing and also sad in equal measure. 

Be Right Back just hit me emotionally.  Knowing how much it got to me, I often think how my Mam must feel since my Dad passed.  I guess everyone just yearns for that conversation with someone after they have gone.  It was just so well acted and felt so real and raw.

One for the unpopular opinion thread but I find The Office (US Version) absolutely dreadful

I've said it before but the acting is really  terrible. Not once have I believed that any of these characters are actual people in an office and haven't laughed out loud once

3 hours ago, Si said:

Binged first three episodes of Vigil. Very enjoyable will probably finish it tonight. Cast are all excellent.

:lol:  You probably won't seeing as it's not finished yet.

12 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I thought it was fucking whack, personally. Wey, the first 4 episodes anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

The way they are crowbarring this relationship history in to the story with flashbacks is awful filler. Was probably more than half of ep 4. That Scottish police lass is an awful actor too.

Agree that the aspect you've mentioned in the spoiler tags is by far the weakest and laziest part of the whole thing. I like the concept and most of the cast (Johnson is in it ffs), keen to see how it plays out.

13 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I thought it was fucking whack, personally. Wey, the first 4 episodes anyway.

Hide contents

The way they are crowbarring this relationship history in to the story with flashbacks is awful filler. Was probably more than half of ep 4. That Scottish police lass is an awful actor too.

Agreed.

Though I think Suranne Jones is superb - as is Patterson Joseph.

On 14/09/2021 at 20:18, joeyt said:

One for the unpopular opinion thread but I find The Office (US Version) absolutely dreadful

I've said it before but the acting is really  terrible. Not once have I believed that any of these characters are actual people in an office and haven't laughed out loud once

I've said this before. The UK office people could watch and think it was a documentary, the pauses, the looks to the camera, the embarrassment. The US office is a straight down the line sitcom.