• Doom Eternal 👹
    • Spider-Man: Miles Morales 🕷
    • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla 🏔
    • Ghost of Tsushima ⛩
    • Call of Duty: Warzone 🔫
    • Cyberpunk 2077 👀
    • Final Fantasy VII Remake 🗡
    • Football Manager 2021 ⚽️

Is anyone starting a forum GOTY poll this year? I’m guessing there won’t be a clear favourite given the sort of year it’s been for gaming in general.

Knock yourselves out.

After 45 votes cast the results are in...

3rd Place: all the games people voted for because they’d not played anything else (3 votes tied)

2nd Place: THPS 1&2 (5 votes)

N-O’s 2020 GOTY: The Last of Us Part II

Admin, if you want to drop Naughty Dog a note and let them know they can slap that on the cover.

Come back next year when after weeks days of tension, and debate over whether Persona 5’s 2021 re-release is eligible, we’ll crown the new God of War GOTY.

Ooo I’d forgot about Persona 5 Royal. Does that count as a goty given it’s more like a bit expansion for the base game?

Think I might still slightly favour Hades this year.

Doesn’t have its own Wiki page, rejected.

FF7 added.

From the list? Doom Eternal but Persona 5 Royale is the best game I've played this year.

Coincidentally the only two games I've completed this year. :lol:

Actually i completed TLOU2 as well, forgot that lol.

From a quality view, Ghost of Tsushima was top notch, every detail and moment is exquisitely done. I enjoyed the Last of Us II but it just didn't grip me like the first one did.

But as a gaming experience I can't go past Tony Hawk 1 + 2 remake. It could be a combination of being locked down for most of the year and turning 30 making me cling desperately to nostalgia, but I haven't had more pure fun with a game since GTA V.

THPS1+2.

Never thought it would be as good as it was. I don't often complete games, but I smashed this one in around 10 days. Everything about it (bar Downhill Jam) is incredibly good fun, the graphics are on point, the soundtrack is incredible. I really thought they were going to add something that would overdo it, or alter a core mechanic, but nah, they stayed true to the PS1 days and just added a lot of polish.

FM21 is second for me. I spend upwards of 700 hours a year on each instalment, and I've got to say this one is the best new version in a while. Everything has had a tweak of sorts and it's taken the game in the right direction. They just need to sort out one or two things and it'll be as near perfect as the series has ever been.

P5R definitely counts. It's a separate full game purchase to the original. That I spent 130 hours playing. If people want to consider it lol DLC and discount it then that's their opinion but mine is it's GOTY.

Only game I've played on that list is AC Valhalla, and although a fun game is not GOTY worthy.

Personally the new game I've enjoyed the most this year is Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord even though it's still in beta. Been off it since August and really looking forward to taking it up again after few more patches.