Arsenal v Newcastle United (FAC) - 09/01/2020 @ 17:30 (live on BBC1)

Disco

Bruce man 😂

Players scores 1 goal in 6000 games of football and Bruce thinks right, this lad should lead the line.

Gayle is clearly off then even though Bruce said he wanted him to stay. Unless the player wants to move, that's disgusting man management.

Would prefer Carroll starting tbh. If Bruce is going to play grenade ball up to his strikers, he may as well have the balls to play a forward that can win a header.

Obviously he's class, but no point playing Wilson the best of times. Don't play in any way that suits him.

Rest him, keep him fit for the league - as without him we're all sorts of fucked.

Would prefer Carroll starting tbh. If Bruce is going to play grenade ball up to his strikers, he may as well have the balls to play a forward that can win a header.

Obviously he's class, but no point playing Wilson the best of times. Don't play in any way that suits him.

Rest him, keep him fit for the league - as without him we're all sorts of fucked.

Well just fucking annoying that Bruce can claim he's going for the cups by playing the striker that scored last game when we get utterly humiliated tonight.

I'm not going to bore everyone again with my views on this iteration of NUFC in cup competitions... but for us to not even have Wilson, Schar, Fernandez or Shelvey in the squad says it all about our approach to this tie. (Unless they're injured and I've just missed that?) Safe as houses in the league but still not interested in risking most of the best players in the cup.

Fuck knows what that midfield is supposed to be. Must be four at the back unless we've now officially converted Miggy into a wing-back?

What are we looking at here? 4-2-3-1?

Krafth - Lascelles - Clark - Dummett

--------- Hayden - Longstaff ---------

Hendrick - The Jeff Linton - Almiron

--------------- Carroll ---------------