U.S. Politics - You f*cking useless bastards.

Think i've only thought about the US about 10 times in the last couple months, compared to 10x a day when the maniac was in charge. Its great :lol: 

:lol: Like, I'm over it all, tbh. This is government functioning as designed. It's wrestling. Dems can bitch about repubs obstructing, repubs can bitch about dems doing nowt, the balance of power flips, dems spend it making promises to actual people, repubs line the pockets of billionaires. the balance of power flips, Dems don't fulfill promises, repubs bitch about them doing nowt, and then the fucking Sun dies. Can we just split this fucking country up already.

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Like, I'm over it all, tbh. This is government functioning as designed. It's wrestling. Dems can bitch about repubs obstructing, repubs can bitch about dems doing nowt, the balance of power flips, dems spend it making promises to actual people, repubs line the pockets of billionaires. the balance of power flips, Dems don't fulfill promises, repubs bitch about them doing nowt, and then the fucking Sun dies. Can we just split this fucking country up already.

It's been my biggest frustration since I started following politics in my late teens that the Dems get into power and just try and do bipartisan bullshit and get nothing done and then the Republicans get into office and tell the Dems to fuck off and do and pass whatever they want. It's so insane to me that the Dems are such pansies when it comes down to it. They have the power right now. Do whatever the fuck you want with it.

If they did everything they said they'd do, they'd have nothing to run on next time. So they try to do it in a way that guarantees failure, but not blame. It's a TV show.

:lol: They get free healthcare for life and a pension after five years. They have no fucking clue what we're doing for scraps out here in the fucking wasteland.

40 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It's been my biggest frustration since I started following politics in my late teens that the Dems get into power and just try and do bipartisan bullshit and get nothing done and then the Republicans get into office and tell the Dems to fuck off and do and pass whatever they want. It's so insane to me that the Dems are such pansies when it comes down to it. They have the power right now. Do whatever the fuck you want with it.

I mean, I get it, but wasn’t this a demonstration that they don’t actually quite have the power?

23 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

They’ll never get it. They’re rich, out-of-touch, tradition-obsessed wankers. They can’t even fathom how bad things are and how bad they’re going to get.

I mean trying to compromise with fucking fascists...it's such an obviously dog shit strategy. A much better one at this point would be to actually get shit done. Fuck the Republicans. Fuck the filibuster.  If Republicans win the House, they will be better placed to not certify an election. And this shit on January 6th will seem nostalgic in comparison to the shit storm that'll be coming. 

I almost have to laugh at how fucking thick they are. Protecting voting rights, expanding access to affordable healthcare, comprehensive policing and immigration reforms. The tree is bursting with low-hanging fruit and they refuse to pick it.

2 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I mean trying to compromise with fucking fascists...it's such an obviously dog shit strategy. A much better one at this point would be to actually get shit done. Fuck the Republicans. Fuck the filibuster.  If Republicans win the House, they will be better placed to not certify an election. And this shit on January 6th will seem nostalgic in comparison to the shit storm that'll be coming. 

On the plus side it's given me an endless supply of material to dunk on twitter libs with. The Adults In The Room® are in charge now except they seem to be caving to the Children In The Room's every demand :lol:

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Just flip the parties in this post, and you'll see the exact same thing repeated by conservatives about the Republican party.

As for the bolded, do you have some examples of Republican legislation passed without a cloture vote in the Senate?

Edited by bobloblaw

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, bobloblaw said:

Just flip the parties in this post, and you'll see the exact same thing repeated by conservatives about the Republican party.

As for the bolded, do you have some examples of Republican legislation passed without a cloture vote in the Senate?

Though he said “pass,” I think the bolded is missing Cuba’s point. It’s absolutely true that Congressional Republicans aren’t motivated in the slightest by the need to compromise for compromise’s sake. When they have power, they wield it. That extends to a refusal to govern as well. Refusing to consider common-sense legislation that would benefit working- and middle-class Americans and refusing to act as any kind of check on the executive. If the roles had been reversed, for example, there’s no way in hell Schumer would’ve had the balls to ram through a SC confirmation the way McConnell did with ACB.

Edited by Tomato Deuce