U.S. Politics - You f*cking useless bastards.

On 12/09/2021 at 01:06, HTT II said:

He’s a joke now, after doing some great things. Sounds more than drunk, probably coked off his head too.

I don't think he ever really did great things. His positive international reputation was pretty much the result of him happening to be mayor of NYC at the time of 9/11, and the sympathy that garnered. Before that he is most known for 'broken window' policing - essentially aggressive policing of minor crimes, particularly youth. Think he's always been a dickhead, but yeah, now he's proper batshit too.

They just “agreed” new Ohio voting districts. Was supposed to be a bipartisan agreement (5 Rs and 2 Ds on the committee I think) before midnight but they couldn’t come up with one so the majority GOP just voted their one through.

The commission determined that the statewide preferences of the voters of Ohio predominantly favor Republicans

So that’s settled then.

The GOP Governor says well shucks, it would have been nice for it to have been bipartisan and, y’know, it’s clearly against the Ohio constitution, but I’ll just approve it for now.

Montgomery County has four guaranteed Republican districts and one guaranteed Democratic one. Guess who they voted for President?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/8315837002

17 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Oh yay, my town’s in the National news again:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1279277

Our local school offices are all on lockdown now because of all the death threats - this went viral in right-wing media apparently.

Breitbart now posted a video of a local student saying she was “forced to watch a sexually explicit movie involving a 10-year old”. Based on what she said, some parents worked out that it was probably Little Miss Sunshine.

This Gabby Petito and her boyfriend story just continues to get more wild.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/18/1038543489/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-missing-boyfriend

Police Are Now Looking For A Missing Woman's Boyfriend In A Wildlife Reserve

NORTH PORT, Fla. (AP) — Police in Florida on Saturday searched a vast wildlife reserve near the Gulf Coast for 23-year-old Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the disappearance of his girlfriend, Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito.

What's everyone's take on what actually happened? So many possible outcomes but he's definitely guilty in some capacity. Whether he killed her on purpose or on accident or just left her and then something happened, who knows. The fact that she hasn't been heard from though is quite harrowing and he definitely has something to do with it.

29 minutes ago, thomas said:

:lol: :lol:

To be fair that's not correct. I was watching live stream of the event and there were quite a lot of people, press and police present. The protest itself was a bit of a joke though (as expected). They spent more time elaborating what they weren't protesting against, and after watching it I'm not 100% sure what they were actually protesting against.