U.S. Politics

Yorkie

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Got a million “Subscribe” pop-ups there. What’s the story?

A Fort Worth organization representing LGBTQ Republicans wasn’t allowed to set up a booth at the Texas Republican Party Convention in Houston.

Texas Republican Party Chair Matt Rinaldi was the deciding vote denying the application, Baldwin said. Rinaldi said he abstained from voting on the application for the state chapter and voted against the Fort Worth chapter’s application after a member of the committee died, to make sure the committee member’s vote was represented.

“I think they made the right decision based on our rule on booth approval,” Rinaldi said. “I think it’s inappropriate given the state of our nation right now for us to play sexual identity politics.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article262661192.html#storylink=cpy

”I think they made the right decision based on our rule on booth approval,” Rinaldi said. “I think it’s inappropriate given the state of our nation right now for us to play sexual identity politics.”

I don’t think they’ve yet built a “FUCK YOU” big enough to respond to that.

6 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

A Fort Worth organization representing LGBTQ Republicans wasn’t allowed to set up a booth at the Texas Republican Party Convention in Houston.

Texas Republican Party Chair Matt Rinaldi was the deciding vote denying the application, Baldwin said. Rinaldi said he abstained from voting on the application for the state chapter and voted against the Fort Worth chapter’s application after a member of the committee died, to make sure the committee member’s vote was represented.

“I think they made the right decision based on our rule on booth approval,” Rinaldi said. “I think it’s inappropriate given the state of our nation right now for us to play sexual identity politics.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article262661192.html#storylink=cpy

Is this the same bunch that voted against Sam sex and interracial marriage? 

It's 2022 ffs

9 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Here's my question, have we always been this bad? Like we are absolutely inundated with news from everywhere on every level and I guess confirmation bias makes the bad news stand out, but as a people are we genuinely getting worse?

I mean this is the same nation that put lynching on postcards.

I know some of the history of this place and i still somehow feel as if we're getting worse by the year.

@Mike, yes we have, IMO.  In the past, I think EVIL largely went unchecked by knowledge.  With so much good, quality information available EVIL is still largely unchecked by knowledge which means that we are willfully more ignorant now and that makes us worse.  

11 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

@Mike, yes we have, IMO.  In the past, I think EVIL largely went unchecked by knowledge.  With so much good, quality information available EVIL is still largely unchecked by knowledge which means that we are willfully more ignorant now and that makes us worse.  

I hadn't considered it that way. Damn.