U.S. Politics

Yorkie

15 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Dem establishment isn’t even going to put up a fight. Because if the GOP destroying the Federal government means anything, it means one hell of a fundraising opportunity. 

Emails type themselves. Which is also a solid savings on staff wages.

It is crazy and scary. It doesn't really affect the overall point, which is valid, but I will say that the first two people he mentions -- Peroutka and Cox -- stand no chance of winning the offices they're running for. Peroutka is running for Attorney General of Maryland. About 226,000 people voted in the Republican primary for that seat (i.e., 226,000 between Peroutka and his Republican opponent). The Democratic primary winner, Anthony Brown, alone received about 309,000 votes. His Democratic opponent in the primary had about 238,000 votes. Cox is running for Governor. About 269,000 people voted for that seat in the Republican primary. The Democratic winner, Wes Moore, received about 186,000 votes. But the Democratic field was very large because it's an open seat. All the Democratic candidates combined had about 557,000 votes. Peroutka and Cox just stand no chance of winning. Having said that, there are a lot of candidates in other places, including others named in the article, who do stand a very good chance of winning. And, even more to the point, I guess, it really doesn't matter whether or not they have a realistic chance of winning--the mere fact of being out and about spreading this shit is harmful.    

Edited by B-more Mag