U.S. Politics

Yorkie

I assume his chances of winning are quite low as before just now, by sheer chance looking at the races on 538, I saw that O'Rourke is running as Governor in Texas. Why isn't he pushed more to the forefront of the media by the Dems given his somewhat okay popularity during the primary way back when? Has he been up to some naughty stuff or is he just too left leaning for the Dems? On paper, with the shift in Texas demographics over the past decades, you'd imagine it'd be a close race. Apparently not so.

Edited by Kaizero

8 hours ago, Ben said:

USA going to war with China now ? 

Totally.

Just like Putin was going to nuke the US everytime his half a dozen lines in the sand got crossed in the Ukraine.

China like to put on these shows every now and than, living in Australia you get used to it.

38 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Sounds like Alex Jones’s time on the stand today went as you might expect

Just a monumental piece of human shit. Up there with the very worst of them. Soulless.

1 hour ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Sounds like Alex Jones’s time on the stand today went as you might expect

Oh you do not even know a tiny fraction of this shit. I’ve been following this trial pretty closely, partly because I think its importance goes far beyond this case. The whole thing has been…unspeakable. 

I wouldn’t really know where to start, but just to give a flavour, at this point he’s already been defaulted because his side has systematically taken the piss out of the entire process for years. To an extent that (if you’ve

not been following) would take your breath away. I’m presuming My Cousin @B-more Maghas been keeping tabs on it. Defaulting basically means they’ve said he’s guilty without having to go to trial because he’s taking the piss so badly. This part is just to decide how much he needs to pay in damages.

The trial has been a shit show for various reasons but the defense is clearly trying all kinds of shit to try to make it a mistrial (including the defense lawyer giving one of the plaintiff’s lawyers the finger when the judge had left the room). That same defense lawyer is extremely experienced but is pretending not to know some of the most basic procedural stuff to try to get away with shit and then when caught files for a mistrial. Like, all the fucking time.

The judge has been trying not to lose her shit at least partly because that could show up on appeal. Today a couple of the parents testified (essentially on how much distress they’ve suffered because remember, Alex is already guilt of defaming them) and then the defense decided to put Alex up there this afternoon. We were all a bit surprised because, well, he’s a fucking monster who lies ALL THE TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING. 

Defense is first up, and asks him stuff about his origins etc. Now Alex has been coughing theatrically throughout, and his lawyers have already said he might sporadically not attend because of an unspecified condition. At one point early on he was pressed on this outside the court and said it was a hernia. At regular occasions during his testimony Alex or his lawyer would refer to his “torn larynx”. He would go into coughing spells, then be fine for a while, then be coughing again. The testimony went on and on. At one point everyone realized he might be trying to testify for his lawyer all afternoon and see out the clock, meaning the plaintiffs could not cross-examine him until tomorrow. Then we realized that he might look for a medical excuse to get out of that.

Basically, his testimony just became one big long rant. He was essentially doing his show. He even started plugging his pills at one point. The plaintiffs’ lawyers had let him go, basically knowing that he was lying on oath, contradicting his depositions and also doing the sort of self-aggrandizement that should actually make the damages higher. They were licking their lips.

THEN he stated that he was bankrupt. Now that is (a) a lie but (b) something he was explicitly instructed by the judge not to say, because (a) it was a lie but also (b) it could influence the jury. The plaintiffs’ lawyers lost their shit, and then the judge lost her shit at both Alex and his lawyers. Of course this all took up all his time today, so in theory he should be back tomorrow. Then the shit above happened.

I’d like to say it was absolutely amazing, because it kinda was, but until I know for definite that the jury is going to pull his metaphorical balls out through his mouth it’s hard to enjoy it. This is all happening because he continually and disgracefully defamed people whose children were massacred because he wanted to make some money

Spoilered that shit because there aren’t enough words in the world to describe what a monster Alex Jones is. If there’s anyone on this board who has an iota of respect for him and what he does I pray for your soul.

Edited by leffe186

Man I’m sorry but I’ve got to share this too. While the parents were testifying this morning Alex wasn’t in the courtroom, he was live-streaming (no coughing) about the trial. He said of one of the plaintiffs “Heslin is being manipulated by very bad people and Heslin ‘acts like someone on the spectrum’”. This was live-streamed this morning during the testimony of Heslin, who is one of the parents of a child who was slaughtered.

The plaintiffs managed to get that clip admitted into evidence during the testimony of the next parent up. Her kid is credited with saving the lives of nine of his classmates by telling them to run while he was in front of his teacher and the gunman was reloading. I am crying right now. I am not going to be able to go into any of the specific details on how Alex repeatedly called into question whether Sandy Hook actually happened, or whether these children actually existed. Her kid was literally given a war hero funeral because of his actions. 

This is Alex Jones.

Alex Jones is a piece of shit.  What he has done is unspeakable.  You can say that Alex Jones, in the broader sense, kick started the whole "not having to be accountable for anything I say" philosophy that runs so strongly through the conservative right wing.  I've always wanted to see people given the opportunity at redemption but for Jones, I hope he's ruined and has to live out a long, long life as a silenced, ruined man.

There's some grafitti behind Central Station saying "Alex Jones was right".    I'm going to assume they mean the Welsh lass off the One Show.  

31 minutes ago, Troll said:

There's some grafitti behind Central Station saying "Alex Jones was right".    I'm going to assume they mean the Welsh lass off the One Show.  

Now he's on trial I've seen lots of people - including Joe Rogan - talking about how he was "right about Epstein".  Can't find Jones saying anything about Epstein until 2015, long after Jeff and co were exposed by real journalists from the hated "mAiNsTrEAm MedIa", espeially Julie K Brown form the Miami Herald.  I suppose maybe they just mean he said "There's a child trafficking ring on the moon where they drain children's blood to feed to Hillary Clinton" and then when the Epstein stuff came out they go "See! He SAID there was a child traficking ring! He was right all along"