U.S. Politics

Yorkie

12 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Some rare good news: Kansas voters crushed the proposed anti-abortion amendment to their state constitution 

I think this speaks to the fact that it's not a popular stance among the general public. What it also says is that things are so fucked as far as districts go ie: things are so gerrymandered that politicians can vote to and support limiting access to abortions and they'll still never get voted out of office because they're so incredibly safe in their district. There was a big thing about it on NPR a few months ago and it was incredibly eye-opening just how screwed we are in this aspect. The people we vote for don't even have to maintain the will of the people that vote them in.

27 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Watching a bit of Alex Jones testifying now.

This jury has to annihilate him. 

:yao:

1 hour ago, Si said:

It's exquisite 

‘Accidentally’ ? Sure thing, I get the feeling even his lawyers think he’s a cunt

best part of that jones bit by an absolute fucking mile imo is the lawyer telling him clearly that his own team that he's paying did fuck all about the mistake :lol:  looked right at the dude while he said it as well

Unbelievable stuff, only catching up with it now.

The way his lawyer just sits there wanting a hole to appear and swallow him up.. watching Jones’ collar get tighter and tighter. Like he was heading for a stroke.

He’s a poster boy for the early wild west days of the internet but in recent years when every dumb cunt with a twitter account was being influenced by his obvious lies, well, it’s nothing to laugh about anymore.

The fall out from this will be interesting, wonder if celebs like Joe Rogan are getting a bit twitchy.. being outed as a right wing influencer would damage that podcast show immeasurably. Also the whole capital riot thing.. some twitchy bums keeping tabs on this now.

Wonder if he’ll get “suicided” so the trial will go away. Or would it even make a difference at this point?

I know he's probably just putting it on for the grift and he fully understands what's actually going on but even if it is a bit I'm still enjoying his complete unwillingness to admit that this is a damages trial.

He was saying this is worse than Nazi Germany because even they would at least try to appear impartial whereas this judge keeps telling everyone he's guilty before the trial is even over. Every time he's up there he's trying to prove his innocence even though that was already decided in the previous trial that he didn't bother to turn up for.