U.S. Politics

Yorkie

It makes me so happy that it's such a dumb thing to get raided for too. :lol: Like why even take the documents? What did he plan to do with them? Absolutely nothing I'd imagine, they were just some "proof" that he was once President and he can't let go of that. Shiny little objects that he keeps around to feed his ego.

57 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It makes me so happy that it's such a dumb thing to get raided for too. :lol: Like why even take the documents? What did he plan to do with them? Absolutely nothing I'd imagine, they were just some "proof" that he was once President and he can't let go of that. Shiny little objects that he keeps around to feed his ego.

Give them to his Russian handlers?

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-search-unsealing-the-warrant-5e00a3e6728cd77daa0d2180d078fcb6 

Former President Donald Trump called late Thursday for the “immediate” release of the federal warrant the FBI used to search his Florida estate, hours after the Justice Department had asked a court to unseal the warrant, with Attorney General Merrick Garland citing the “substantial public interest in this matter.”

In messages posted on his Truth Social platform, Trump wrote, “Not only will I not oppose the release of documents ... I am going a step further by ENCOURAGING the immediate release of those documents.” He continued to assail the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago as “unAmerican, unwarranted and unnecessary.”

“Release the documents now!” he wrote.

Edited by Conjo

Can anyone out there recommend a good (neutral) book on or including the Benghazi hearings?

Edit: Should probably say “objective” rather than “neutral”.

Edited by leffe186

2 hours ago, thomas said:

Feels like he'd 100% try to sneak them out to peddle them to settle some debt.

I mean the PIF just payed Kushner $2billion, probably unrelated I'm sure.

So that tells us that NUFC is worth 1/6 of a packet of US Nuclear Secrets.

The fuck is going on? I hear comedians saying audiences are more aggressive and confrontational and now a writer (albeit religiously controversial) stabbed. Just seems like that line ‘they woke up and chose violence’ is a truism rather than a joke 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The fuck is going on? I hear comedians saying audiences are more aggressive and confrontational and now a writer (albeit religiously controversial) stabbed. Just seems like that line ‘they woke up and chose violence’ is a truism rather than a joke 

I don't think you can use Salman Rushdie being attacked as an example of an aggressive audience.  It's almost certainly premeditated.

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

I don't think you can use Salman Rushdie being attacked as an example of an aggressive audience.  It's almost certainly premeditated.

Not saying that it was a case of an audience getting riled up as this seems to have happened before he even started talking. I just mean that it seems people are generally becoming way more brazen about committing serious assaults on public figures