U.S. Politics

Yorkie

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Hell yeah. Hopefully the first of many old duckers to step aside. Eventually leading to Biden. 

It’s certainly time for the Democrats to start elevating younger members into positions of leadership (Hoyer needs to move aside, too). I’ve had my qualms with her over the years, but in terms of raw political prowess there are few better. Obama is probably the only more naturally gifted politician of my lifetime and we owe a lot of the legislative achievements of the past decade to her.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Man, I don't want to do this again. My first kid was born in June 2020, in the middle of the riots and the covid lockdown, and I remember sitting up with her in June/July wondering if the riots in the next town over were going to make it to my street or not. Kid number two is due in June of 2023 and it's looking like they could be born into the same goddamn kind of shitshow all over again.

This is the kind of shit that makes me just want to sit in corner somewhere and stare at the wall for an hour or two. It's probably for the best that job/family/etc keeps me from indulging in that.

What in the fuck are we doing in this country man.

35 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

It’s certainly time for the Democrats to start elevating younger members into positions of leadership (Hoyer needs to move aside, too). I’ve had my qualms with her over the years, but in terms of raw political prowess there are few better. Obama is probably the only more naturally gifted politician of my lifetime and we owe a lot of the legislative achievements of the past decade to her.

Yep. Both Steny and Clyburn have said they’re out, too. Sounds like Hakeem Jeffries, Katherine Clark, and Pete Aguilar are set to slot in. 

18 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I haven't always agreed with her tactics but given the fact that she operated in an all boys club its understandable how she had to present herself.  It's time for the old guard to step aside and I hope the new leaders can get the moderates and more liberal reps to work better together.

1 minute ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I’m concerned about Jeffries as the next leader. He's traditionally seemed more interested in waging war on the left wing of the party than he has in fighting the GOP.

Yep, "We have met the enemy and they is us".  That's been the story of the democratic party for the last few decades.

Trumpanzee will sleep a little less with the appointment of the special counsel to decide if he should be indicted for his multiple crimes. 

It shouldn’t slow the process down and he is fucked(and he knows it)

:( 

On the eve of Transgender Day of Remembrance. 

In Boebert’s district too. Thoughts and prayers tweet and everything. Even though she has been spouting anti-LGBTQ rhetoric. This is what happens when you do that, you absolute sick fuck. 

57 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

In Boebert’s district too. Thoughts and prayers tweet and everything. Even though she has been spouting anti-LGBTQ rhetoric. This is what happens when you do that, you absolute sick fuck. 

Ugh. That’s horrible.

I’m honestly surprised something like this hasn’t happened earlier. Colorado Springs was ultra conservative when I lived there in the mid-to-late ‘80s (about five miles from where this happened, as it turns out). It seems like it’s only gotten worse with all the hard right evangelical organizations there.

4 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Ugh. That’s horrible.

I’m honestly surprised something like this hasn’t happened earlier. Colorado Springs was ultra conservative when I lived there in the mid-to-late ‘80s (about five miles from where this happened, as it turns out). It seems like it’s only gotten worse with all the hard right evangelical organizations there.

When you drive down to the Springs from Denver these days, there is a sign on the interstate that says "Home of Focus on the Family" - like an official, green, highway sign. It's ridiculous.

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

What did she think would happen when she's been doing her best convincing her constituents that LGBTQ+ people are pedophile child groomers?

Elsewhere in the Musksphere:

image.png.417f1af7f594a375b9961d99b42c3232.png

Fair play to those unarmed folk who tackled and stopped the shooter btw. More effective than the armed cops in Uvalde. Pistol whipped him with his own gun too. Top work.