U.S. Politics

Yorkie

Parler removed from the Apple App Store and Amazon are disconnecting them from AWS effective midnight Sunday.

Considering Bezos and his blood feud with Trump, surprised it took this long for that to happen.

Trump no longer poses a threat to Amazon's monopoly.

These freaks are sitting ducks, how did they think this was going to play out? Do they just not care about spending years behind bars?

They don’t think the rules, or policing, apply to them.

You think they consciously thought “we can destroy property and potentially harm and endanger people’s lives, those in the highest offices of power in the country and get away with it”? Or that they didn’t care what happened to them because they don’t “believe” in being held accountable so didn’t give it consideration? I get the idea that people can “believe” something, but there’s no logic in the world that would ever have come to the conclusion that they wouldn’t be going down so maybe it’s just a further symptom of their delusion

In all seriousness, if you've already fallen for the 'fantastic' untruths of Fox News, then you have no ability to judge the veracity of anything.

These freaks are sitting ducks, how did they think this was going to play out? Do they just not care about spending years behind bars?

You think they consciously thought “we can destroy property and potentially harm and endanger people’s lives, those in the highest offices of power in the country and get away with it”? Or that they didn’t care what happened to them because they don’t “believe” in being held accountable so didn’t give it consideration? I get the idea that people can “believe” something, but there’s no logic in the world that would ever have come to the conclusion that they wouldn’t be going down so maybe it’s just a further symptom of their delusion

They didn't think anything. It wasn't planned. They had no idea that they'd get in. They thought they'd shout a bit outside, make a show of pushing a bit and get forced away. You can see when they get in they haven't got a clue what to do as they never thought they'd get in. It wasn't even a "what if....?"

Exacty. If Impeachment is pushed forward now, and undertaken when he's not in power and weak Republicans are less likely to cuck to him, he's gonna be impeached, and everyone gets what they want.

This is what I mean about the absolute certainties. You mention (in previous post) the 17 republicans needed on board, but have you even noticed there are democrats that aren't in favour of impeachment? Impeachment is no guarantee, unless we're going for the last impeachment style, which was completely pointless and cosmetic.

EDIT: Didn't realise the discussion had moved on so much. :blush:

Trying to screw the Biden administration over with China now.  This leaves Biden between a rock and a hard place, either severely pissing off Beijing or looking weak at home.

Isn't the irony here that this is also the right, or at least moral, thing to do? :lol: Obviously the motivations are anything but, but yeah.

Don't expect an honest answer from you, would rather you stayed safe. O0

They didn't think anything. It wasn't planned. They had no idea that they'd get in. They thought they'd shout a bit outside, make a show of pushing a bit and get forced away. You can see when they get in they haven't got a clue what to do as they never thought they'd get in. It wasn't even a "what if....?"

I think this holds true for the large majority of those present at the event and even many of those who ended up inside Capitol Hill, but as ever with such dynamics what happens is not defined by the thoughts and actions of the majority, but by group think and the actions of those willing to take the most extreme actions. Imagine for instance that the senators and other politicians hadn’t been able to leave the building safely, would all of the hundreds of protesters who were there been able to restrain themselves and not cause bodily harm or worse to those they see as traitors and/or paedophiles? I’ not so sure. Also there is some evidence that certainly a few individuals cam prepared to take hostages.

I think a lot of journalists and observers are indeed overplaying events by using terms like coup, but on the other hand just  because it all ended rather meekly doesn’t mean it couldn’t have ended with far more serious and far reaching consequences.

Over here, the only people that matter are white. The entitlement they're born with is astounding. The idea that they would face consequences for their actions never occurred to them because that's their building. Those are their police officers and those elected officials work for them. So yeah, they can storm the building (Again. This same shit happened where...in Michigan? The cosplayers filled the building armed to the teeth? And then they fucking went home?) because all of this is theirs. This is from sea to shining sea a white supremacist playground and having an openly white supremacist president only encouraged them to drop the mask. This is who Americans are. Trump didn't create a single one of these fucking people. "I can do whatever I want" isn't something you have to think when you've never faced the full brunt of this nation's brutality because you're the one upholding, perpetuating and inflicting that brutality. One of the stupid dipshits said it "They should be shooting BLM, not us!". American history is an ongoing narrative about a bunch of white people who know the rules don't apply to them and going out and doing whatever the fuck they want.

And I see the word "healing" has begun to appear. :lol: So not only will they not face consequences, neither will he. Because the founding slave raping fathers wouldn't write a document that could fuck with their power, they came up with some shit to maintain the status qup minus that cunt king. Nothing is unforgivable if you're white.

Over here, the only people that matter are white. The entitlement they're born with is astounding. The idea that they would face consequences for their actions never occurred to them because that's their building. Those are their police officers and those elected officials work for them. So yeah, they can storm the building (Again. This same shit happened where...in Michigan? The cosplayers filled the building armed to the teeth? And then they fucking went home?) because all of this is theirs. This is from sea to shining sea a white supremacist playground and having an openly white supremacist president only encouraged them to drop the mask. This is who Americans are. Trump didn't create a single one of these fucking people. "I can do whatever I want" isn't something you have to think when you've never faced the full brunt of this nation's brutality because you're the one upholding, perpetuating and inflicting that brutality. One of the stupid dipshits said it "They should be shooting BLM, not us!". American history is an ongoing narrative about a bunch of white people who know the rules don't apply to them and going out and doing whatever the fuck they want.

And I see the word "healing" has begun to appear. :lol: So not only will they not face consequences, neither will he. Because the founding slave raping fathers wouldn't write a document that could fuck with their power, they came up with some shit to maintain the status qup minus that cunt king. Nothing is unforgivable if you're white.

Early contender for post of the year.

Shame its kind of restricted to a football fans general chat section.