Elliot Anderson

joeyt

From the little we saw of him he seems to have good feet, tenacity and he’s yet to have the confidence and motivation drained out of him by the 3 Steves.

Given how many low impact midfielders we have in the first team squad, we might as well start him against Sheff Utd

For those who've seen him in the youth teams does he usually play on the wing or as an attacking or centre mid?

Asked the same during the game, looked it up and apparently he plays centre midfield/attacking midfield. Occasionally left but mainly central.

He looked more like a central midfielder. Most managers seem to want to ease youngsters into the first team in the less responsible wider positions.

He seemed quite feisty as well, putting himself about. It would have been great if he'd managed to score when he had that chance.

Twice the player of Joelinton already.  I like him.

Every time I see this kid he looks a decent player at this level, no worlbeater so dont let's heap pressure on him but definitely has good touch, can tackle , calm head and works , everything JL isn't.

He needs to take his place NOW

A big problem with many of the academy players that have been given a chance for the last 20 years, at least for midfielders and attackers, is that they have not had the physicality and/or pace needed in the PL. While they are no technical wonders, there's a reason why Carroll, Ameobi, Dummett and Taylor have been our most successful youth products in that time period. If f.ex Armstrong was a bit taller and stronger, I bet he would (if not sold on to a better team) still be playing for us. Same goes for the northern irish midget twig that played out wide who I cannot remember the name of, Chopra and maybe Donaldson. It seems the Longstaff brothers lack what is neccessary to succeeed as well, although playing consistently out of neccessity rather than actually being good enough.

Hope this guy has what it takes. Nothing more fun that to watch a local guy do well in the team. Watching Carroll tearing it up in that half season back in the prem, S. Longstaff bossing the midfield in those 8 or so games before his injury under Benitez was in a way just as enjoyable as watching HBA play.

Would be good playing in a number 10 role behind Wilson.

Aye. Matty and Hayden centre midfield. Anderson number 10. Fraser and ASM wide and Wilson up top is our best bet with everyone back fit

:lol:

Howay man. The lad has played about 20 minutes of football, how is that our best bet?

Anderson is better than Almiron? Nah man.

A big problem with many of the academy players that have been given a chance for the last 20 years, at least for midfielders and attackers, is that they have not had the physicality and/or pace needed in the PL. While they are no technical wonders, there's a reason why Carroll, Ameobi, Dummett and Taylor have been our most successful youth products in that time period. If f.ex Armstrong was a bit taller and stronger, I bet he would (if not sold on to a better team) still be playing for us. Same goes for the northern irish midget twig that played out wide who I cannot remember the name of, Chopra and maybe Donaldson. It seems the Longstaff brothers lack what is neccessary to succeeed as well, although playing consistently out of neccessity rather than actually being good enough.

Hope this guy has what it takes. Nothing more fun that to watch a local guy do well in the team. Watching Carroll tearing it up in that half season back in the prem, S. Longstaff bossing the midfield in those 8 or so games before his injury under Benitez was in a way just as enjoyable as watching HBA play.

Twiglet?  :lol:

Aye. Matty and Hayden centre midfield. Anderson number 10. Fraser and ASM wide and Wilson up top is our best bet with everyone back fit

Howay man. The lad has played about 20 minutes of football, how is that our best bet?

CalmintheChaos hates Almiron though.

Twiglet?  :lol:

Yes!!! :lol: Was Shane Ferguson I was talking about btw.

CalmintheChaos hates Almiron though.

I’m no fan like, workd his socks off so I don’t dislike him I just don’t think he’s a premier league quality player and has very little end product, the stats back that up. Then again at least half our sqwad are championship level. Anyone in black and white playing with energy and effort is fine by me