Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Would be good playing in a number 10 role behind Wilson.

Aye. Matty and Hayden centre midfield. Anderson number 10. Fraser and ASM wide and Wilson up top is our best bet with everyone back fit

:lol:

Howay man. The lad has played about 20 minutes of football, how is that our best bet?

Anderson is better than Almiron? Nah man.

CalmintheChaos hates Almiron though.

I’m no fan like, workd his socks off so I don’t dislike him I just don’t think he’s a premier league quality player and has very little end product, the stats back that up. Then again at least half our sqwad are championship level. Anyone in black and white playing with energy and effort is fine by me

Are you on the wind up ?

In what way? How is saying I appreciate the effort Almiron puts in but I don’t rate him as a player on a wind up? Or saying half our squad is championship level ( which it is) on a wind up?

Thought you meant Anderson, not Almiron, given it’s Anderson’s thread  :lol:

Apologies, bit harsh on Almiron tbf since Bruce seems to not get the best out of him. or any other fucker

• 1 month later...

We really need to give Elliot Anderson some time on the pitch now. We can't wait for our promising players to be 20-22 years old to give them a chance. Needs to get a taste of it now. Not saying he should be a starter but needs to play 30+ minutes for some games and start 1 or two games so we can see if he got what it takes.

If he takes his chance it's great, if not send him out on loan next season so he can develop.

Same goes for Matty Longstaff, needs to get minutes under his belt now.

Problem is that we're always in desperete need of points to avoid relegation so our managers are not brave enough to play our younger players.

We really need to give Elliot Anderson some time on the pitch now. We can't wait for our promising players to be 20-22 years old to give them a chance. Needs to get a taste of it now. Not saying he should be a starter but needs to play 30+ minutes for some games and start 1 or two games so we can see if he got what it takes.

If he takes his chance it's great, if not send him out on loan next season so he can develop.

Same goes for Matty Longstaff, needs to get minutes under his belt now.

Problem is that we're always in desperete need of points to avoid relegation so our managers are not brave enough to play our younger players.

Won’t happen to any of them now we are fighting relegation.

Prefer them to leave tbh.

• 6 months later...
33 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Such a ridiculous way of operating. Loan him out to a league 2 club, and let him play men’s football. Absolutely pathetic way of running things. 

He’s  better than league 2, or atleast you imagine he would be seeing as  it’s a championship club wanting to loan him. I said this another thread, but it looks like he’s finished ruining Matty’s career now he wants to ruin this lads. Didn’t even make the bench.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Fair enough, I just want him to get games. League 2 and up. I’m sick of us doing this. He’s 18, he needs to play football. Wasting kid’s careers with this nonsense approach. Really winds me up 

100%. I don’t think there’s a single PL youth setup that’s more advantageous to a player than actual game time, even if it means dropping a couple levels.

The way the club handles young players is fucking tragic. Loan them out to Scotland, League 2, League 1, probably the Championship every now and then ad infinitum until they reach about 24 and sell them for an absolute pittance before a few of them end up being decent players. Give them chances here in cup matches; Burnley was a perfect opportunity to play Anderson, have a blend of younger players with senior ones if we get a shit side in the FA Cup. I'd be far more intrigued and supportive of the side on the pitch if it had the likes of Anderson, Kell Watts, Adam Wilson, Rosaire Longelo or Stan Flaherty in it than Krafth, Hendrick, et al. 

These lads never get a chance at a decent level so we'll never find out if they're good enough at said decent level. Ah whey. Fuck it all.

17 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

100%. I don’t think there’s a single PL youth setup that’s more advantageous to a player than actual game time, even if it means dropping a couple levels.

If nothing else you get to play with/against players with more mature game styles / physical attributes rather than always being within your peer group.

57 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The way the club handles young players is fucking tragic. Loan them out to Scotland, League 2, League 1, probably the Championship every now and then ad infinitum until they reach about 24 and sell them for an absolute pittance before a few of them end up being decent players. Give them chances here in cup matches; Burnley was a perfect opportunity to play Anderson, have a blend of younger players with senior ones if we get a shit side in the FA Cup. I'd be far more intrigued and supportive of the side on the pitch if it had the likes of Anderson, Kell Watts, Adam Wilson, Rosaire Longelo or Stan Flaherty in it than Krafth, Hendrick, et al. 

These lads never get a chance at a decent level so we'll never find out if they're good enough at said decent level. Ah whey. Fuck it all.

I understand this but I think they need more than cup games. They need experience of being a footballer, day in day out. In an ideal world they'd be loaned to a level just above their ability in order to challenge them and see if they've got what it takes to step up.