Elliot Anderson

joeyt

He's currently got two first-team spots to go at, like, though that might change in a few weeks with more business. Would love it if he smashed pre-season and was considered part of the squad.

35 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Is he a winger? Thought he was more of a central player.

Full faith in Howe etc to do the right thing at this stage.

He seemed to play on the left wing a lot at the Gas, which would theoretically make him the third choice behind ASM and Fraser. I’m hopeful that Fraser is moved on to free up cash and wages with Anderson as ASM’s backup - a player who will pretty much always start unless injured or suspended…

22 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

He seemed to play on the left wing a lot at the Gas, which would theoretically make him the third choice behind ASM and Fraser. I’m hopeful that Fraser is moved on to free up cash and wages with Anderson as ASM’s backup - a player who will pretty much always start unless injured or suspended…

I like your thinking re: Fraser but figure he's been put on stupid money as a Bosman and not delivered a consistent enough output to allow him to command similar wages elsewhere. Almiron is a similar headache but at least we signed him when wages were slightly lower. I still think we'll use ASM to bankroll some last ditch spending, so there could be a place for Anderson as LW backup if he goes.

23 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I like your thinking re: Fraser but figure he's been put on stupid money as a Bosman and not delivered a consistent enough output to allow him to command similar wages elsewhere. Almiron is a similar headache but at least we signed him when wages were slightly lower. I still think we'll use ASM to bankroll some last ditch spending, so there could be a place for Anderson as LW backup if he goes.

Fraser and Almiron are both on around £42kpw according to various websites

Seeing how slowly Bruno was eased into the side there’s no way Anderson ends up being second choice to ASM who is known to pick up injuries, the new sub rule might be key to him playing a part this season but its probably more likely he’ll go out on loan again tbh. 

Edited by Nine

12 minutes ago, Nine said:

Seeing how slowly Bruno was eased into the side there’s no way Anderson ends up being second choice to ASM who is known to pick up injuries, the new sub rule might be key to him playing a part this season but its probably more likely he’ll go out on loan again tbh. 

Bruno is one example, Every other sigining has gone straight in. Probably more to do with settling into a new country.

On 31/05/2022 at 13:13, Gashead 73 said:

About two miles away but still North of the River so Rovers domain... Remember Rovers are North Bristol and City of South..... Two different worlds in one massive city

The Gate is just about on the Somerset Border...... But just inside the Bristol boundary

I live just the other side of Bath and visit Bristol quite often. Always amazed by how huge and rambling the city is, in that respect it reminds me a bit of Glasgow. Traffic situation is horrendous.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Bruno is one example, Every other sigining has gone straight in. Probably more to do with settling into a new country.

Personally I think it was mostly down to him not having any prior PL experience 

Edited by Nine

On 29/06/2022 at 19:19, Novocastrian said:

I live just the other side of Bath and visit Bristol quite often. Always amazed by how huge and rambling the city is, in that respect it reminds me a bit of Glasgow. Traffic situation is horrendous.

As someone who lives in Bristol I agree with the traffic bit :lol:

Its basically because the Avon cuts it in two and there’s like only 3 bridges that cross it meaning that traffic gets bottlenecked.

Anyway, boring story. As you were. 

50 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

That’s the weirdest mouth I’ve ever seen. He looks like he has no teeth 😂

Idiosyncratic orifice aside, the lads a fucking unit already and he’s not 20 yet. Couple of years and he’ll be a fucking hoose end. 

I'd far rather see this lad as an impact sub than Almiron or Murphy. It might allow us to sell either of them, if we feel he is up to it.

Shouldn't he be getting a season alongside Bruno and Trippier, even just in training, it would bring on his game loads.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

I'd far rather see this lad as an impact sub than Almiron or Murphy. It might allow us to sell either of them, if we feel he is up to it.

Shouldn't he be getting a season alongside Bruno and Trippier, even just in training, it would bring on his game loads.

Yeah that’s my thinking too. Keep until January, gauge how close or far away he is from the team. Revisit it the next window, keep him and give minutes or loan him out to a Championship or League 1 side.