Elliot Anderson

joeyt

1 hour ago, McDog said:

He needs more minutes I think.

He needs more minutes and he deserves more minutes. Only reason Howe most likely will persist with Willock and Longstaff ahead of him is seniority and maintaining squad harmony. Anderson has out performed them during pre season, against Tranmere and against Wolves - basically every time he's given the opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He needs more minutes and he deserves more minutes. Only reason Howe most likely will persist with Willock and Longstaff ahead of him is seniority and maintaining squad harmony. Anderson has out performed them during pre season, against Tranmere and against Wolves - basically every time he's given the opportunity.

No argument here. Neither of the others were great and I would for sure start him ahead of Longstaff.

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Not when the next game is in November.

I think his point is cup only matches isn't enough and I think I agree. Not sure what his ceiling is but he's shown flashes.

He is bound to get more minutes with the new 5 subs rule as he is our only other attacking midfielder, surely if keeps impressing and adds a goal or an assist he will get his chance to start. There will also definitely be a need at some point with 2 games a week especially the way our injuries seem to be going. 

1 hour ago, OverThere said:

How to get him more minutes is going to be quite the trick, since I don't think the EFL cup is going to be enough 

I would be surprised if he isn't soon the first to be subbed in and then it's down to him. Even if we get a player or two next week it shouldn't be that hard to leapfrog the likes of Willock, Longstaff, Murphy and Fraser in the pecking order based on what he has shown so far.

13 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

start him tomorrow, have JL & Willock being as combative & disruptive as possible and Anderson given license to create and get forward

we could take their midfield imo

Don't scare me like that! I have all evening booked with meetings tomorrow, and intentionally left Wednesday open. Thought I had made a huge mistake there :lol:

17 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

start him tomorrow, have JL & Willock being as combative & disruptive as possible and Anderson given license to create and get forward

we could take their midfield imo

I know Howe won't do it, but I really think a young lad like Elliott would revel in a game like that against such a famous club. I don't see what we've got to lose, with so many key players likely to be missing, the only way we can hit back is to throw all our attacking aces in there, which means Elliott and Isak from the get go.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, TRon said:

I know Howe won't do it, but I really think a young lad like Elliott would revel in a game like that against such a famous club. I don't see what we've got to lose, with so many key players likely to be missing, the only way we can hit back is to throw all our attacking aces in there, which means Elliott and Isak from the get go.

Even cabbage head was ‘brave’ enough to put young Longstaff in against Man Utd…

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Even cabbage head was ‘brave’ enough to put young Longstaff in against Man Utd…

That's the worst endorsement for pushing in a youngster you could have given mind, but still we should go for it. Come on Eddie, it's a calculated risk.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, TRon said:

That's the worst endorsement for pushing in a youngster you could have given mind, but still we should go for it. Come on Eddie, it's a calculated risk.

True, but I’m in agreement with you, what’s to lose.

37 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Don't scare me like that! I have all evening booked with meetings tomorrow, and intentionally left Wednesday open. Thought I had made a huge mistake there :lol:

ah i'm on a middle east schedule, so Monday is effectively Tuesday for me - my brain can't comprehend it properly :lol:

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

ah i'm on a middle east schedule, so Monday is effectively Tuesday for me - my brain can't comprehend it properly :lol:

Look at me, look at me, I’m in the Middle East, and get to call Wednesday Tuesday, fucking pathetic. You had me worried as well mind [emoji38]

22 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Look at me, look at me, I’m in the Middle East, and get to call Wednesday Tuesday, fucking pathetic. You had me worried as well mind [emoji38]

i fucking hate it, starting work on a sunday morning is devastating and being off on a bastard friday is shit

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

True, but I’m in agreement with you, what’s to lose.

I agree. But think Eddie will go with one or the other. It could work, Anderson gives Maxi somebody he can trust, and Anderson can provide for Wood.

Clearly Wood's strength  [as developed at Burnley] is picking up scraps in the box, and he needs somebody to set up those scraps. Anderson or Isak can do that.