Elliot Anderson

joeyt

He's shown he can waltz around playera and finish very capably, in a lower division. In the top flight he"s struggled so far, he"s experiencing attention from quality defenders. I"d back him to make the top league

6 hours ago, Away Toon said:

He's very slow, so hes going to need some serious talent to make up for it

I was thinking about this last night. I wonder if that’s what Howe is trying to alter his position as he definitely doesn’t have the speed for a wide player. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Agreed, 320 minutes of football tells me he’s ready for the scrap heap. Not really fussed about the fact he was outstanding at Bristol Rovers or the fact that he’s 20, hound him out!

Its ridiculous isn't it. 20 year old who played in League 2 struggling to make an impact in a top 4 PL team so lets get rid.

He needs game time though, a top 6 championship level team would be ideal.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Agreed, 320 minutes of football tells me he’s ready for the scrap heap. Not really fussed about the fact he was outstanding at Bristol Rovers or the fact that he’s 20, hound him out!

How very dare you. 

Do you not think some supporters who’ve seen very little of him, can’t tell a PL manager who has worked miracles and sees the kid train every day what to do? :lol: 

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

or the fact he’s actually played some good football for the first team

Edited by Rafalove

I don’t think he’s anywhere near ready to contribute in a Premier League team. It’s almost unfair to him to have that expectation after only playing 6 months of competitive football at League Two level.

He really should be out on loan getting more experience and I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t head out this window.

43 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

How very dare you. 

Do you not think some supporters who’ve seen very little of him, can’t tell a PL manager who has worked miracles and sees the kid train every day what to do? :lol: 

:lol:

Well if he can’t even get his team selection and tactics right, how do we trust him? 

• 3 weeks later...

He didn’t do anything special in his sub appearance but he looked a lot more composed and all his touches and passes were good. Hopefully he’s settled a bit as I think it was more a case of desperately wanting to prove himself that was hampering him before 

Just now, gbandit said:

He didn’t do anything special in his sub appearance but he looked a lot more composed and all his touches and passes were good. Hopefully he’s settled a bit as I think it was more a case of desperately wanting to prove himself that was hampering him before 

Agreed, was just thinking he brought a bit of energy and directness when he came on. Need to remember he's still an actual child.

Thought he looked quite assured and comfortable in possession when he came on, didn't do anything exceptional, but recycled the ball well, and with speed, while also maintaining decent positions. Probably passed it better then Willock did today, admittedly in a small sample size.

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

Agreed, was just thinking he brought a bit of energy and directness when he came on. Need to remember he's still an actual child.

20 an ‘actual child’ these days? He’s still young, granted, but come on. 

11 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I was exaggerating for blisteringly funny comedic effect.

Ah. Gotcha. 

he’s still young, as I said…but unless he steps up and progresses quickly in the next year or two, he won’t be lasting long with us, imo. 

Just now, Manxst said:

Ah. Gotcha. 

he’s still young, as I said…but unless he steps up and progresses quickly in the next year or two, he won’t be lasting long with us, imo. 

Yeah definitely agree, every player can only coast so long on their "potential" before they need to start showing it. He's still really young though and had half a season in the first team squad - next season is when I'd expect him to start staking a claim for starts or more regular sub appearances imo.

I personally don't think he's good enough to make it at the top level. He'll maybe do well enough to make it at a lower level PL side or top level Champo team, but he doesn't have enough to be a top level player imo.

That's not my writing him off based on one result btw. I just think we'll outgrow him very very quickly