Elliot Anderson

joeyt

12 hours ago, KaKa said:

Was let down a few times by ASM tonight on that left side, who misplaced a number of passes to him when he was in some space, and could have had a chance to express himself. Tough to judge him on that game, as he didn't really get on the ball much.

Yeah I think it's a bit difficult to judge a player who is trying to bounce plays off ASM.

16 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hardly he mad to let a 19 year old with only half a season of league 2 football under his belt go out on loan.

It is when he's playing well in pre season and we're struggling to get attackers in

No need to make a decision until later in August

2 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

He'll get the "He's not ready" stuff because he's young but it was Longstaff who was clearly out of his depth. He'll get away with it because he's older though. 

This isn't true.  Longstaff looked a little slow footed and swamped by their high tempo pressing at times, but he was very much in the game.  It is no disrespect to say Anderson really couldn't get involved last night given his limited/non-existent experience at that standard.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

I've found this quite interesting too. 

One thing Wenger always used to do with young creative players coming through is start them out wide - even if it was nominally out of position. They'd earn their stripes there long before they ever got games in the heart of midfield or as a 10. Fabregas was the one real exception to this rule.

A midfield three is obviously a bit different to a two but I've been surprised that all of his games have been as a midfielder. It's almost the inverse to the above logic - in that he's wanting to see how he copes in the cut and thrust area of the pitch. Or perhaps it's just indicative of the kind of player he wants out wide in this system.

A preseason tactic seems to be to get our 2 furthest forward CMs to overlap on the outside of the winger as they look to cut in. I wonder if Howe thinks that gives Anderson more freedom to move forward when we attack and find his own space.

We could send him out on loan for sure, but it's only because of this perception he's too young. He's not. He's 19 not 15, and he's physically stronger, and probably mentally as well than some players who are 5 years older.

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Get him in the midfield alongside Linton and Bruno and he’ll develop ridiculously quickly.

This!

Anderson looks really promising.

The midfield 3 should be Bruno, Linton and Anderson.

Longstaff's in for a shot after todays game aswell.

Am I right I in thinking he doesn't take up a place in the 25? Has to stay surely based on tonight's performance. Looks very calm and composed and has all the ingredients to be a decent player for us even in small cameos this season. 

Just now, CPL said:

Am I right I in thinking he doesn't take up a place in the 25? Has to stay surely based on tonight's performance. Looks very calm and composed and has all the ingredients to be a decent player for us even in small cameos this season. 

Based on his performances I expect he’ll do more than cameos if he can keep this level up once the season begins. It’s hard to find fault with his game, he looks ridiculously complete for a 19-year old 

How much would we pay to buy his potential and how would we develop it if he was just a a transfer option.? Instead we’ve got a lad who wants it, who is showing all the right skills and attitude and has shown it in the format Howe is creating.

So a head start over a signing and low risk and massive FFP benefit. Keep for the next 5 months min and see how the lad does

Just now, gbandit said:

Based on his performances I expect he’ll do more than cameos if he can keep this level up once the season begins. It’s hard to find fault with his game, he looks ridiculously complete for a 19-year old 

Be interesting to see how he copes in the league but looks like very promising. I didn't watch him that much last year but obviously heard the hype surrounding him.

Thought he looked a bit lost but found his footing and was one of the brighter spots in the team again. 

I'm fine with him going on loan if we add another CM and AM but seeing as we won't count towards the squad limit we might as well give him a go if we are priced out of the players we are looking at. 

14 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Get him in the midfield alongside Linton and Bruno and he’ll develop ridiculously quickly.

7 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

This!

Anderson looks really promising.

The midfield 3 should be Bruno, Linton and Anderson.

Longstaff's in for a shot after todays game aswell.

Loved him tonight, but this is a hell of an over reaction. My goodness.

He should get some starts and come off the bench regularly, especially with the 5 subs.

That and training with the first team will be great for him.

Longstaff has played his way into the starting 11 if Shelvey is out.

Always liked him when he first broke in the team (even more so after reading his latest interview on Howe) so I'm delighted that his form is coming back - hopefully to stay.

Grew into the game tonight and didn't look out of place. Can't remember being as excited for one of our youngsters for a long time

Got a lovely first touch and quick feet.

Really liked that interview, lad is really articulate and you can see he’s not going to be fazed if he gets his chance this season.

There’s one thing having skill and physical attributes (which he has) but also to have intelligence to go with it. Am impressed.