Elliot Anderson

joeyt

7 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Really liked that interview, lad is really articulate and you can see he’s not going to be fazed if he gets his chance this season.

There’s one thing having skill and physical attributes (which he has) but also to have intelligence to go with it. Am impressed.

Yeah he interviewed well despite the NUFC guy literally asking the same question 7 times :lol:

Guest HTT II

He looked really good last night, very strong defensively winning lots of little loose balls and shielding so well, and attacking wise he was sharp and constantly looking to play a forward pass. Again, I love his showing for the ball at all times and his speed of touch, then turn, look up, then pass and ask for a return or pass and move is quality for a player of his age. 

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Tbh I think a year in the Championship would be best for him. Maddison himself came through after a great season at Nowrich when he was a similar age and was ready for the Premiership the year after.

Not sure - I think a year training with the first team could also be really good for him. It would have to be a carefully selected championship team for me

1 hour ago, Holloway said:

Witnessing his development here is going to be very exciting, he looks like he has the game to make the step up. Hope he stays and then maybe revaluate things in january

That’s a good shout

Guest HTT II

Fuck it, keep him, forget about Maddison if the talks of wanting him are actually true, play him as that type of player and go all out on a top CF. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

To be honest with Almiron and Anderson both able to play that number 10, I'd be fine with spending on a top top class ST, like Osimhen or Sesko or even Zapata as a short term option

He’d be great for us and would light up this league IMO, from my amateur Wise type YouTube scouting mind…

I think he’s looked ok. Would love to enthuse more about what he’s showed in the PSFs, but just think he’s been alright; didn’t look out of place. Don’t think he’s done enough to be seen as a reliable option in the coming season. But then people who know better will make the decision. 

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Well, you could interpret that two ways.

A) it is a real statement of confidence in his ability to perform at Premier League standards

B) we're really struggling to strengthen the team in the transfer market

Both. 

I think he’s looked better than ok and I think he can play a role for us this season. My main issue with keeping him is less about the team’s fortunes and more about whether his development would be better getting 90 min games in the championship 

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think he’s looked better than ok and I think he can play a role for us this season. My main issue with keeping him is less about the team’s fortunes and more about whether his development would be better getting 90 min games in the championship 

Agreed

I think him playing 90 mins every week at a higher level than last season is better for his development, more than coming off the bench later on in games