Jump to content

Elliot Anderson


joeyt
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Apperantly as expected Douglas said last night his loan to Rovers was just Shola offering him to a mate and there was no footballing plan behind it. 

 

You wouldn't expect much else from that dullard tbh.

 

Of he hasn't been sacked yet I hope he'll be finding his way to the maintenance department in due course.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, STM said:

Could easily see him at Fulham or Bournemouth.

 

Going from playing a game at St James and getting a taste for it to playing in front of Fulhams fans would be like a dream turning into a nightmare.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Aye, let's just keep him. He'd be one of my first subs. 

 

Same. I know it was leagues below, but he looked like he was floating across the pitch for Bristol lol.

 

He could save us a lot of Wonga in the future, pun intended.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if part of him is tempted to play him as the third to go alongside Bruno and Joelinton.


I always thought he played centrally. But played most of his games off the left for Bristol, didn’t he? 
 

Be good if he could cover a few positions and he’d be a potential wildcard. We know what we have with a lot of our other back up options for CM and out wide. Most aren’t really good enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if part of him is tempted to play him as the third to go alongside Bruno and Joelinton.


Surely hope so. Left of a mid-two with the other destroying shit behind them. Getting forward as much as possible. 
 

Will be a great 60 min sub for a while until everyone figures him out and we’ll have to see how he adapts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not since the days of Watson, Clark, Howey and Elliott have I felt this optimistic about an academy player breaking through, 30+ fucking years, about time. I can't remember much of anything in the 2000's, I mean Matty Pattison and Paul Huntington FFS. Maybe Brayson around 95, I thought he was going to be our Robbie Fowler, no idea what happened to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I take you are talking Rugby,  the only side down here called Bristol.  If you're referring to football it's either City or Rovers.    

It's a big taboo calling us anything other than Rovers,  or that Shite 5 miles to the south of Bristol

 

 

Edited by Gashead 73

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/08/2022 at 06:23, LionOfGosforth said:

Probably not since the days of Watson, Clark, Howey and Elliott have I felt this optimistic about an academy player breaking through, 30+ fucking years, about time. I can't remember much of anything in the 2000's, I mean Matty Pattison and Paul Huntington FFS. Maybe Brayson around 95, I thought he was going to be our Robbie Fowler, no idea what happened to him.

 

Chopra?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

 

Chopra?

Quite depressing how his career turned out. 
 

Ended up betting some of my mates stupid sums of money over FIFA on Xbox. Worst bit was he wasn’t very good at FIFA - just shows how bad his gambling addiction was. Looks like he’s on the up and up now which is good 👍🏻 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/08/2022 at 16:23, LionOfGosforth said:

Probably not since the days of Watson, Clark, Howey and Elliott have I felt this optimistic about an academy player breaking through, 30+ fucking years, about time. I can't remember much of anything in the 2000's, I mean Matty Pattison and Paul Huntington FFS. Maybe Brayson around 95, I thought he was going to be our Robbie Fowler, no idea what happened to him.


Brayson is still playing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

 

You're kidding!? He must be in his mid forties by now

2 years older than me, he was in my school when I was there. Rapid, great finisher, but the touch of a donkey and very arrogant. My mate smashed into him in a school game once and he complained to the PE teacher. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or maybe it's just the wrong kind of game to be bringing him on in.

 

So he hasnt played yet, but we're 2 games in, not 20. Unless we get another midfielder in before 1st September he won't be going anywhere and Howe has basically said as much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Think people need to chill aboot Anderson and trust Howe. 

Exactly! Probably wants him to experience more of the games from the touch line. Plus we have got tough fixtures coming up. The forest game would have been ideally but it was the first game of the season. He will get minutes in the cup game for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CPL said:

Exactly! Probably wants him to experience more of the games from the touch line. Plus we have got tough fixtures coming up. The forest game would have been ideally but it was the first game of the season. He will get minutes in the cup game for sure. 

I reckon so. Think once we're past Liverpool he might feature a bit more and also if we get some reinforcements in, he'll likely be loaned out. Like I say though the way Bruno and Botman were being eased in suggests to me Howe knas what he's doing. 

 

 

Edited by Heron

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/08/2022 at 16:27, HTT II said:

2 years older than me, he was in my school when I was there. Rapid, great finisher, but the touch of a donkey and very arrogant. My mate smashed into him in a school game once and he complained to the PE teacher. 

He was a cunt when he played for Harrogate tbf 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...