Elliot Anderson

joeyt

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Love the way he takes the ball on the turn. Really looking forward to seeing how he develops over the next few months.

He’s got a bit of Bruno about him the way he takes the ball on the turn into safety and gives himself an extra second to pick a pass or drive with the ball 

13 minutes ago, CFlan said:

He could easily play in Willocks place in our 1st 11. 

Should be nowhere near our starting 11 if we want to compete for Europe tbf. That being said, he should clearly be ahead of Murphy and Ritchie in the team. 

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

Should be nowhere near our starting 11 if we want to compete for Europe tbf. That being said, he should clearly be ahead of Murphy and Ritchie in the team. 

And as I said, Willock. 

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

What do you reckon he needs to do to get minutes? Few more seasons in the lower leagues and then you’ll be OK to play him? When our team has progressed even further. 

I don’t know the answer, but we have to have a way to play our promising youngsters. Other teams manage it. 

I don’t want to operate like Chelsea

3 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

What do you reckon he needs to do to get minutes? Few more seasons in the lower leagues and then you’ll be OK to play him? When our team has progressed even further. 

I don’t know the answer, but we have to have a way to play our promising youngsters. Other teams manage it. 

I don’t want to operate like Chelsea

I think getting minutes as a substitute and playing in the cups will help him develop this season. As of right now he's clearly one of our better bench options. Been decent tonight, clearly a footballer but still needs experience and he will hopefully get that gradually. 

He has the technique and confidence to play a part in our first team squad and it would do him the world of good. Let’s see if he can level up and play a part in our future. Loan him out again and we’re basically saying he’s not part of our future plans, which would be a shame. If we have to loan him out it should be to another PL team with some guarantees of first team football