Elliot Anderson

joeyt

On 02/02/2022 at 18:14, LV said:

Im a Bristol based mag and I’ve been to the Mem a few times to see you play. Quality day out.

I’ll prob go again soon to watch Anderson play. :thup:

North side of the river I hope!

Worth a trip the way it's going, Elliot got a good 40 minutes in and impressed by many accounts. Quoted on twitter: Looks a class above on ball and movement, missed a couple of half chances, when he gets up to speed no doubt he’ll be the best player in this league.

A decent point overall, at 3rd place Sutton today, were unbeaten in 5 and lost 2 of the last 12, 60 points to play for and plenty of noise and the club feels as one again for the first time in a few seasons. 

I would imagine that Elliot will enjoy his time down here, get used to the physicality and benefit as a young player, rather than be mostly on the bench at Luton, Barton has all of them running through brick walls now. 

Edited by North Somerset Gas

6 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Worth a trip the way it's going, Elliot got a good 40 minutes in and impressed by many accounts. Quoted on twitter: Looks a class above on ball and movement, missed a couple of half chances, when he gets up to speed no doubt he’ll be the best player in this league.

A decent point overall, at 3rd place Sutton today, were unbeaten in 5 and lost to of the last 12, 60 points to play for and plenty of noise and the club feels as one again for the first time in a few seasons. 

I would imagine that Elliot will enjoy his time down here, get used to the physicality and benefit as a young player, rather than be mostly on the bench at Luton, Barton has all of them running through brick walls now. 

How has Barton got on? Without following his managerial career too intensively, he’s seemed to do well in the lower leagues?

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

How has Barton got on? Without following his managerial career too intensively, he’s seemed to do well in the lower leagues?

No doubting his managerial path mirrors his playing career, he is a winner. He was ruthless calling out the club when he arrived, shipped out half the squad in no time at all, not much left behind closed doors!

Publicly talked about the things he didn't like or accept at the club and was given the keys to the club by our owner to change what he wanted.

The way in which the club has transformed since his arrival has been incredible, the level of professionalism, dedication, detail is something the club has needed for far too long.

Watching him on the sidelines he studies relentlessly, presents well in the local media and has a lot of belief in himself.

Away from football it's another Crown Court case next month, if found guilty of assaulting his wife he will be gone, and managerial career in tatters.

If it's a not guilty I think he can take us to the Championship, he is an astute manager, recruited what is arguably the strongest league two squad in under a season , he's found a way he wants to play which is pleasing on the eye, at times!

Feels like a knife-edge situation for his career now with court next month. 

22 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

A decent point overall, at 3rd place Sutton today, were unbeaten in 5 and lost 2 of the last 12, 60 points to play for and plenty of noise and the club feels as one again for the first time in a few seasons. 

Early days but sounds very promising. He'll be in good hands under Joey and I will certainly keep an eye out on your results. The lad is only 19 so still got plenty of time. Its always good seeing young Geordie lads going on loan and doing well (Longstaff at Blackpool and Adam Armstrong at Coventry) 

2 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

No doubting his managerial path mirrors his playing career, he is a winner. He was ruthless calling out the club when he arrived, shipped out half the squad in no time at all, not much left behind closed doors!

Publicly talked about the things he didn't like or accept at the club and was given the keys to the club by our owner to change what he wanted.

The way in which the club has transformed since his arrival has been incredible, the level of professionalism, dedication, detail is something the club has needed for far too long.

Watching him on the sidelines he studies relentlessly, presents well in the local media and has a lot of belief in himself.

Away from football it's another Crown Court case next month, if found guilty of assaulting his wife he will be gone, and managerial career in tatters.

If it's a not guilty I think he can take us to the Championship, he is an astute manager, recruited what is arguably the strongest league two squad in under a season , he's found a way he wants to play which is pleasing on the eye, at times!

Feels like a knife-edge situation for his career now with court next month. 

Really interesting, thanks. Such a shame, undoubtedly has talent as a manager but will potentially lose it all because he cannot stop being a thug. Assuming he’s guilty, that is.

As you say, mirrors his playing career really.

Seems strange we’ve sent Anderson there if Barton will potentially be gone in a month though.

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Really interesting, thanks. Such a shame, undoubtedly has talent as a manager but will potentially lose it all because he cannot stop being a thug. Assuming he’s guilty, that is.

As you say, mirrors his playing career really.

Seems strange we’ve sent Anderson there if Barton will potentially be gone in a month though.

According to reports CPS have brought about the case with no witnesses and no victim statement.

2 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Would love to be able to see more of his games for Bristol. 

I-Follow shows quite a few games £9.99, its not pretty down here mind! Seems Joseph has found a good source if CBD and has calmed right down in recent months.

Back to Elliot, he ran the game from midfield last night, sutton are a long ball physical bullying ex national league side, seems to be not just coping with that but thriving too!  

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Nice to see, but if he wasn't tearing it up in League 2 I'd wonder why he was on our books at all... 

I wouldn’t read too much into it right now, Kane looked woeful when he first went out on loan at a higher level before he broke through at Spurs and our own Carroll didn’t pull up any trees either, it’s all about game time IMO and what that can then do for a player. At this age they need competitive game time regardless of level, if they are any good it will show at that level or they will adjust and improve at another level, even if they haven’t shown it when out on loan, and if they don’t, then likely they just were never that good or good enough to start with. 

Hopefully get him a Championship loan next season. I think we’ll sign a load of world class players in the summer and recalling him to waste away in the reserves is pointless, needs competitive games to progress.