Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Just now, Ronson333 said:

Thought he looked decent when he came on last night, got very good control in tight areas. Might be useful against low block teams.

His technique on the ball is really strong and physically he’s strong too. Be amazed if he doesn’t have a career in the PL

I know you’re a scout and probably look at a ton more data than we do and I agree he should have gone on loan for hai development in September but I think it’s hard to say whether he’s ready or not given he only gets ten mins here and there. I think he’s had times where he’s looked really sharp and other times where he’s looked a bit out of his depth but it’s hard to know based on the minutes he’s had

My opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s, I genuinely haven’t looked at anything on him aside from the games. I just felt his start against Sheff Wed was a big indicator of where he’s at. He hasn’t done anything  majorly wrong in these little cameos it’s just little things with him. Agree with the inconsistency which imo is going to happen with being young/not playing enough 

The offside thing is whatever, just young mistakes, bound to happen, it’s just a really key part of his development right now and I’m always a big proponent of getting game time. I really think he has a lot of potential and if he got a start every week in a really competitive division it would do him the world of good. I’m a fan of his, I want him to develop. Would have loved him at say a Norwich. 

I agree that his one start was the worst performance hes had by a distance. Real shame, he’s here now until the end of the session so let’s hope he gets time on the pitch to develop. I think he has a role to play for us

Just now, gbandit said:

I agree that his one start was the worst performance hes had by a distance. Real shame, he’s here now until the end of the session so let’s hope he gets time on the pitch to develop. I think he has a role to play for us

Yeah I was genuinely gutted, it seemed like it was too much for him. Agree, only way he’s going to learn now is playing and he’s here. The offside thought :lol: damn. I think I always just want young players to be playing at his age, games >>> anything else 

7 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

He’s only year younger than Gordon, but you can see the benefit Gordon has had from playing, and how further he is as a player imo 

Yes, seem qualitatively different. Seen enough of Gordon to believe he will be a full international/top player. Don’t have same belief re Anderson, though maybe flash forward a year and we’ll know/be confident one way or another. That said, he’ll probably have to go elsewhere next season for him to realise his potential/find his level. 

44 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Yes, seem qualitatively different. Seen enough of Gordon to believe he will be a full international/top player. Don’t have same belief re Anderson, though maybe flash forward a year and we’ll know/be confident one way or another. That said, he’ll probably have to go elsewhere next season for him to realise his potential/find his level. 

Yeah I’m not saying he never will be but he’s not there right now, I would like him to play more, and it’s better for him. I don’t see him as CM, though I’ll defer to Howe if he does. His worst performance was in midfield 

He’ll develop more by playing competitive games. He should’ve been loaned out in January if our squad was filled out. 

He’s a proper bit part player. That Garnacho at Man U will get many more minutes this season and is a few years younger. That’s the gap Anderson will be missing. Although Garnacho looks another level of prospect. 

2 minutes ago, Beth said:

In hindsight we should've kept Shelvey till the end of the season and had Anderson away on loan at a nearby Championship side.

You needed hindsight to see that?

I think even with Shelvey he would have needed to stay. Shelvey +1 and then he goes and gets regular game time.  But FFP init. 

• 4 weeks later...