Elliot Anderson

joeyt

A few months in Bristol, playing in League 2 will also do Billy fantastic.... If he don't get into the NUFC first team proper at some point then that could be a real talent missed. He reminds me of a younger, fitter Paul Gascoigne. Yes' I believe he has that ability! 

I'm definitely looking out for Bristol Rovers results more these days. I didn't even realise that Barton was there (or at least forget if had noticed at the time) prior to this loan, and was more surprised he joined so soon after leaving Fleetwood, but that's another reason to see how they get on.

I'm finding myself lurking on gaschat.co.uk, looking on Twitter to see what their fans are saying, watching their highlight clips, and have even been watching the odd vlog on YouTube [emoji38]. Like many Newcastle fans, my interest in football has shot up massively these past few months, you could say at a 16/17 year high, so it's nice having a proper reason to follow others areas that you normally wouldn't, and it would be great if he could keep performing and getting rave reviews, and help his club (return to League One) as much as they are helping him.

www.borochat.co.uk/article/518965

Thought you Toons would appreciate this, posted on our Gaschat Forum

Mind you'  the lad looks amazing in Blue & White Quarters............ 

Can we borrow him next season too 😉😂👍

Edited by Gashead 73

Just sheer curiosity but to the Gasheads in here, putting the obvious bias aside of you seemingly being happy to have him back, do you think he's got what it takes to jump straight to the Championship or better off testing himself in League One first?

Not that I'd be averse to him sticking with you guys if you kick on and go up. The consistency and already-clear support for him could do the world of good. :thup:

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

Just sheer curiosity but to the Gasheads in here, putting the obvious bias aside of you seemingly being happy to have him back, do you think he's got what it takes to jump straight to the Championship or better off testing himself in League One first?

Not that I'd be averse to him sticking with you guys if you kick on and go up. The consistency and already-clear support for him could do the world of good. :thup:

We would love him to stay if we did go up, but a season in League one would not do him no harm. 

Hopefully with us however, should we not go up then we would wish him all the best. The Lad is Special

3 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

We would love him to stay if we did go up, but a season in League one would not do him no harm. 

Hopefully with us however, should we not go up then we would wish him all the best. The Lad is Special

Hopefully he can help you put the mackems to the sword home and away next season.

21 hours ago, Dokko said:

Fingers crossed he goes up with you (Gas posters) and gets to try and do it again in League One. Might be a couple more we could send your way if all goes well. 

If we make the play offs at Wembley he will get to experience 45k screaming Gasheads if our previous visits to the capital are anything to go by. Should hold him in good stead to get used to the roar of the Toon Army should he make the first team.

1 hour ago, Gashead 73 said:

Sorry Guys, I believe this was the last time we met in what is now the Championship.... Please correct me if I'm wrong! 

Up the Toon, Up the Gas

I was there as a young lad. Was painful from memory! Ardilles had us playing decent football while he was here but it didn’t work with the kids against that old skool style of play in the second division 

It's lovely to hear of a young lad doing well. This was a big test for Shola and his loan development work. I honestly think if he's happy and Bristol Rovers have a decent plan to stop up after promotion we just send him back.

Edited by Thiago

16 minutes ago, Thiago said:

It's lovely to hear of a young lad doing well. This was a big test for Shola and his loan development work. I honestly think if he's happy and Bristol have a decent plan to stop up after promotion we just send him back.

Yeah, I think it would be good for him to have a full season playing proper football 

Far too often we send youngsters out on loan too late or for such small stints it doesn't do a huge amount for their development 

19 minutes ago, Thiago said:

It's lovely to hear of a young lad doing well. This was a big test for Shola and his loan development work. I honestly think if he's happy and Bristol have a decent plan to stop up after promotion we just send him back.

Don't call us Bristol, do you call City or United Manchester.... Just don't OK, it pissed us right off

15 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

Don't call us Bristol, do you call City or United Manchester.... Just don't OK, it pissed us right off

Bristol City it is then.

Hope you guys win alot of games and Anderson keeps getting better.

25 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

But surely me calling you that implies you're the bigger team?

Rovers it is then. 

1 hour ago, Gashead 73 said:

We call them Man U and Man City tbh, there’s only one united in our eyes, pisses me off that Man U think they own it. 

I seem to recall us winning at Twerton as part of us winning our first 11 games when we were promoted under Keegan, that 2-0 at our place under Ozzie can’t have been last time you played up here.

Hope Anderson does really well for you.