Elliot Anderson

joeyt

53 minutes ago, madras said:

Beardsley for me. The away goal at Spurs first season back up.

Been banging on about the Gazza comparison since I first watched the boy,this lad is the real deal,I personally feel very privileged to have watched him in blue and white quarters 

I work with a guy who was en ex pro footballer in Div 3/4 in the 80s and 90s, but still knows his stuff and trialled/played with/against a lot of top level players in his time. He’s a Bristol Rovers fan and watches them every week. 

He’s convinced he’s like ‘a Young Gascoigne’.

The Bristol fans now have a nickname for Anderson, which is Billy Elliot because of his footwork and coming from Newcastle (I know it’s Durham but close enough!).

1 hour ago, GreenersGas said:

Been banging on about the Gazza comparison since I first watched the boy,this lad is the real deal,I personally feel very privileged to have watched him in blue and white quarters 

Quite possibly. I was just meaning that one clip.

This lad looks so special. I looked at this clip and thought Gascoigne, Beardsley, and the next two posts after said the same. He could do a job for us in the PL next season. You just don't go to League Two and dance around seasoned pros who'd love nothing more than to clatter a young PL loanee to the ground. This is the loan that's meant to ground him and show him the true hard physicality of grown-up, men's football. And he's literally taking the piss out of everyone.

Edited by HawK
typo

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I know he's better off on loan, but this game would have been perfect for him to come off the bench.

I know Rovers fans won't want to hear this but I think a season in The Championship is what we should be aiming for with a view to bringing him into the squad the season after

11 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I know Rovers fans won't want to hear this but I think a season in The Championship is what we should be aiming for with a view to bringing him into the squad the season after

:thup: Really encouraged to hear he’s doing so well with Rovers, but the fact is he’s still only made 11 appearances in the English 4th tier at this point in his career. A season-long loan in the Champo next year would do him a lot of good, assuming he can get regular playing time.

Good to see some Bristol Rovers fans in here. I was down there on an awful night in December as part of my "doing the 92" bid. You were having a good go at coming back from 2 down to Port Vale with 10 men until you had another man sent off. I hear there's a new stadium in the pipeline so I think I might have to return?

On 13/03/2022 at 13:35, Geordie Ahmed said:

As good as a promising young player Billy is I think most Gasheads would agree that with the way the club is being run, the results and new training set up, we can still achieve Championship football in the next 3-5 seasons with or without the lad.

He is still to hit the heights of decent previous players we've had such as Rickie Lambert, but he is the first to get people watching intently when he has the ball, as did Lord Lambert.    

He has certainly shown more than enough to want to keep him for next season, and the way things are going that will be in League 1.

IMO if he is happy where he is, and he is playing like that is the case then there is no harm in him spending a season or two toughening up in the lower leagues.

But that of course is a totally bias view!  

On 14/03/2022 at 10:27, Scoreboard82 said:

Good to see some Bristol Rovers fans in here. I was down there on an awful night in December as part of my "doing the 92" bid. You were having a good go at coming back from 2 down to Port Vale with 10 men until you had another man sent off. I hear there's a new stadium in the pipeline so I think I might have to return?

It took a while to forget that nightmare game! The standard of refereeing in the lower leagues seems to subside every season.

There is a new stadium in the pipeline, right on the doorstep of the 'darkside' where the shirts are mostly a horrible red colour, all part of a complex planning application including housing and business complex next to Temple Meads railway station, and the river that used to traditionally split red and blue.

I think we have seen an artist impression of about 5/6 grounds now in the last 30 years, so the fact that nothing has been printed in the paper on this one may just be a good omen, and get a modern ground.

Did you sit or stand that night? Spoken to may visitors from other prem clubs who loved seeing the terraces, and the fact we have three stands down one side of the pitch!    

No chance of BR getting in to l1 next season? Hope so and he can stay there. It won't harm him to get at least half a season there and judge whether he can step up to championship. I reckon if he goes straight there next season he'll not get much game time and be a waste of time. 

This lad is incredible. Can’t believe we actually managed to get him in for 6 months. Looks like he’s always going to do something with the ball, is super physical and has confidence through the roof. I love him

Clearly should be playing at a higher level (said this at the time when he was loaned out) but I guess getting a good run of games will do him good and he can have a season in the Championship or equivalent next season

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

Man of the match this evening as well, just kept running at Colchester defenders for most of 84 minutes on the pitch, suspect Barton brought him off for a breather and a well deserved standing ovation.

No fear in this lad whatsoever, Barton gives him the freedom to roam in our system so the opposition are left guessing whether he is going to pop up on the left or right.

He is  so eager to get on the ball, and very good at creating space for himself on the flanks, and not shy in letting his team mates know if they don't spot him in acres of space, which is always great to see in league two.

What a joy to see a player running at defenders, brings back memories of Gazza.

Into the play offs we go, and Elliot is certainly standing out, that said the whole squad are on their A game, we are on one hell of a run, 1 defeat in the last 12, playing the best football I've seen us play for many years, UTG.

Edited by North Somerset Gas
couple of spelling mistakes!