Graeme Jones

loki679

11 hours ago, arnonel said:

Him involved with England is starting to make so much more sense now.

From formation, to being defensively minded and not using best players...

TBH, watching the game on Saturday felt very similar to watching England v Italy.

7 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Tactically it was one of the most inept performances I’ve ever seen and bearing in mind the managers we’ve had over the past 14 years in particular, that’s quite the accolade.                          

This was the astonishing thing, I looked over at GJ just to see if he was doing anything and he was, so that shit show was on him .He got away with it at CP but got shown up here for being too stupid it’s hard to believe what I was watching .

What did we expect I get levelled at me , I expected fight, tackles, die for the cause , have a fucking go at them .

We were likely to always gonna lose but lose with pride , not like we did .GJ was such a disappointment and he will be there against BHA , urgh.

Lascelles and Darlow need to both fuck off. Championship-level shite.

The only reason Lascelles looked decent under Rafa was because of who was alongside him to carry him.

Edited by Sima

16 hours ago, arnonel said:

Him involved with England is starting to make so much more sense now.

From formation, to being defensively minded and not using best players...

That's what I was thinking, I wouldn't want Southgate anywhere near our club either.

Biggest mistake from him is Krafth and Clark still in the defense. They have both been shi*t for the last year or two and they should be nowhere near the first team, what can he see in them  to have them on the pitch instead of Schar or Fede???

Something strange here...

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

He has the look of a strict P.E. teacher. I imagine he picks his teams based on their attitudes/ graft in training. I suppose that’s okay in and of itself, but shouldn’t be at the expense of on field talent.

Aye, quite possible, taking into mind the shenanigans of playing Clark instead of Fede/Schar...

I have never believed in the mantra of some coaches about training at the same level as a match, you cannot get the same adrenalin and focus on a training pitch as you can in a competitive match. Some players just rise a bit for games.

I do believe they should all be punctual and put an effort into all sessions, but match level is never quite the same, otherwise you would have injuries galore.

what really annoys is that him and bruce just persist with same tactics and largely the same personell game after game even when it clearly isnt working.

other than dropping big jow and miggy - its same old.

All the players at the Euros were raving about his sessions and he's very highly rated so I doubt he is a shit coach, but tactically he's useless and he's clearly not a manager.

His stock has fallen a bit over the past few months but i'm ok with him staying as long as he isn't thrust upon the new manager.

He may be a good coach, but he’s shown fuck all here that he is a good coach, even under a manager who is one of the worst we’ve had. He can fuck off too!

48 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He may be a good coach, but he’s shown fuck all here that he is a good coach, even under a manager who is one of the worst we’ve had. He can fuck off too!

Totally agree, can't think of one player who has improved since we hired him.

36 minutes ago, GWN said:

Remember the Everton game after his appointment,  we looked a different team , then reverted back to normal and no improvement since . He's not what I first thought 

When he first came in he was probably assured that the team was at PL levels of fitness, and able to maintain sustained pressure. 

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

When he first came in he was probably assured that the team was at PL levels of fitness, and able to maintain sustained pressure. 

Be like Chip Cob from the fast show:  “playground levels of fitness you say, unable to sustain any level of fitness?” 👍🏻 “Let’s play football”

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I can't get my head around exactly why he's been assured of a job here. Why even make that promise to him?

It was the only way he'd come here. Bruce was on the verge of the sack and he didn't want to be kicked out the door with him I understand that he was promised a position with whoever came in