Graeme Jones

loki679

Just now, St1pe said:

This makes the decision to keep Bruce for the Spurs game even more of a poor one. If you’re prepared to give Jones a couple of games you may as well have given him time to get how he wants us to play straight away. 

If a new manager couldn’t be brought in before Palace I think it makes sense his first game isn’t v Chelsea either. Hopefully Jones can pull something out over the next couple. 

imagine if he wins two 👀

I think the Spurs game was to give Bruce his 1,000th game, they are not just running a football club, but alongside that, a charm offensive too and given how Bruce’s sacking has been received in the media, imagine how much more ridiculous it would have been had they not given him his “deserved” 1,000th game? 

13 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Night and day listening to him and Bruce. No embarrassing statements just calm measured responses.

Feel a lot better about Saturday's game against Palace having listened to that interview. Very calm and measured in his delivery. 

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Everyone saying how well he came over in the interview, but I'm less happy tbh.

Although he said a lot of positive things and was measured, he was maybe too measured and there was a lack of enthusiasm or passion. He also seemed very much a Bruce man - My hopes for Jones came from wishing that he was hired against Bruce's wishes and was being held back by Bruce and not allowed to shine. Seems maybe that wasn't the case and we've already seen much of what Jones can bring to the table.

Hope I'm wrong and that was just him being polite and trying to remain level and calm in his first interview, and either way its only a couple of games, but still he didn't exactly inspire me that we're going to see much different.

He was definitely trying to be a bit more low key, due to all the histrionics around Bruce almighty getting flung out of the place. 

The key bits for me were that he emphasized the work they had been doing on the pitch and tactically, with no off days from training. A very subtle message sent there.

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Everyone saying how well he came over in the interview, but I'm less happy tbh.

Although he said a lot of positive things and was measured, he was maybe too measured and there was a lack of enthusiasm or passion. He also seemed very much a Bruce man - My hopes for Jones came from wishing that he was hired against Bruce's wishes and was being held back by Bruce and not allowed to shine. Seems maybe that wasn't the case and we've already seen much of what Jones can bring to the table.

Hope I'm wrong and that was just him being polite and trying to remain level and calm in his first interview, and either way its only a couple of games, but still he didn't exactly inspire me that we're going to see much different.

Seemed to me he was just trying to keep a lid on his emotions as you saw the mask slip a couple of times when he's talking about watching Supermac and Keegan back in the day. Inside he's probably excited for the opportunity and full of pride.

Guest neesy111

Unlike Bruce he is a proper geordie and fan.

Was just being professional in his quotes about bruce.  Probably had a working relationship which was fine but Bruce was manager so had the last say.

Edited by neesy111

Just now, steve_69 said:

I like him, seems genuine and measured. Bit concerned that he said his role has been to advise Bruce tactically because this season we've been tactically shit.

Getting past Bruce’s inflated damaged ego and “internal” head voices would’ve been hard.

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Getting past Bruce’s inflated damaged ego and “internal” head voices would’ve been hard.

"Gaffer, we're better suited to 5 at the back with Fabian bringing the ball out and linking up with the midfield. Get Maxi in the number 10 role occupying their CBs and pace on both wings to make use of the space in behind"

"Nah bollocks! Lads, it's 4-4-2, Clarkey starts. Run around a lot, plenty of talking and get your shots off. Alain, right wing"

7 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

I like him, seems genuine and measured. Bit concerned that he said his role has been to advise Bruce tactically because this season we've been tactically shit.

My impression is that he's actually quite decent as a tactician, just not cut out as a leader. He might have great ideas, but leadership is about much more than that. 

1 minute ago, steve_69 said:

"Gaffer, we're better suited to 5 at the back with Fabian bringing the ball out and linking up with the midfield. Get Maxi in the number 10 role occupying their CBs and pace on both wings to make use of the space in behind"

"Nah bollocks! Lads, it's 4-4-2, Clarkey starts. Run around a lot, plenty of talking and get your shots off. Alain, right wing"

That’s it! 😂

6 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

If Ritchie starts LB tomorrow then we'll know who's been doing tactics / selection over the last 8 months.

5 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

Same with Joelinton

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Going to be such an eye opener.

Everything from the team selection, the formation, the way we play, is all going to tell us a lot.

10 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

If Ritchie starts LB tomorrow then we'll know who's been doing tactics / selection over the last 8 months.

What a shit state of affairs that it's either Ritchie or Lewis for that position :lol:. Terrible.