Graeme Jones

loki679

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Apparently got them in training every day this week, praise the fucking lord :lol:

Not a huge fan of Jones tbh but small (but glaringly obvious) changes like this will make a world of difference than under Cuntface. 

I was surprised he had us parking the bus. 

From what I heard about his time at other clubs I thought he was a very attacking coach.

I remember reading an analysis about his 4-3-1-2 he played at Luton and what we appeared to play vs everton the first game he came in.

I think that 4-3-1-2 suits us btw.

Almiron as the 10 looked good in that game vs everton and wilson and st max seemed to played well as the split strikers. I also think hayden as the middle cm being able to drop back between the CBs suited him. I also think willock as a wide 8 in that formation would suit his style of play perfectly being able to make those late runs.

Like many others I don't really know if Jones is any good or not (his credible past experiences vs his involvement in the Bruce shitshow) but it's amazing how speaking in a calm and considered manner, not interrupting the interviewer every time they ask a question and not utilising too many tired, bullshit clichés can make me feel reasonably content that he's a safe-ish pair of hands for these few games. Plus, he's had them in every day! 

Edited by Pilko

Bloke had 3 days to prepare an unfit squad for a game against a team who are looking good. If nothing had changed nobody would have expected anything other than a convincing defeat. He did a decent job. We kept it at 0-0 for as long as our fitness allowed. And he made subs, that changed the game. We struggled towards the end but somehow managed to stay lucky [not the disallowed goal]. If we stay up by one point then it's this one.

9 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

That’s two shocking posts. Neither of you have any evidence of that.

Judging anyone after one match (with three days preparation) is mental. Never mind when you factor in he inherited a complete shitshow.

Fans managing to evidence those unrealistic expectations people say we have.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Judging anyone after one match (with three days preparation) is mental. Never mind when you factor in he inherited a complete shitshow.

Fans managing to evidence those unrealistic expectations people say we have.

Anyone who’s done the old FA level 2 or above badges could see what he’d tried to do in defence. 

Guest neesy111

Yeah it was noticeably different we did attempt to defend as a team.  He's clearly identified that as the biggest problem.

Would like to see this formation:

Dubravka

Manquillo Schar Fede Lewis

Hayden

Willock       Longstaff

Miggy

Wilson      Maxi 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Would like to see this formation:

Dubravka

Manquillo Schar Fede Lewis

Hayden

Willock       Longstaff

Miggy

Wilson      Maxi 

I always thought something like this could work with our squad:

Dubravka 

Schar    Lascelles    Fernandez

Murphy                                                 Lewis

Hayden      Willock

ASM                                  Almiron

Wilson

Just now, Kanji said:

Fine with that too, although I'd consider Longstaff over Hayden because just don't think Hayden offers anything going foward. 

100% agree with that, Hayden on the ball is pretty trash, but his off the ball movement in terms of defense is probably the best in the team (low benchmark admittedly). Also Longstaff just infuriates me, and is always a second behind play :lol:

Hayden, Longstaff, Shelvey, Willock it doesn't really matter with our CM's.

For a long time under various managers, not one of them sits and stays in front of the back 4 or 3 offering proper protection and cover. So often there's no one sitting in there, it does my absolute nut in how exposed our CB's always are.

Taking in the U23 game with Simon Smith and (I think) Ben Dawson.

Interesting that the other remnant Steves aren't there. Hopefully a sign they're on the way out when this new manager comes in.