Graeme Jones

loki679

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

They didn’t change enough to keep us up which is entirely reasonable, yet you expect things to change from a coach in two games.

Let’s just agree to disagree :thup: 

Results wise things probably wouldn’t change, but if he had no say and it was all Bruce, I was fully expecting something different in set up and style, but it’s been exactly the same as when Bruce was still here.

When people talk about a new manager bounce, it’s not just because a new face is in the dugout, it’s also because something different has been done and said in training. It’s a change for the players and they respond differently. Sacking Bruce and then carrying on with his exact same shitty style to me just shows how much of a say his back room team had in it all. 

Full credit to him for stepping in and trying to hold the fort, but for me, this is his style, it doesn’t work, it’s not good enough and I think he should be let go with the rest of them once the new guy arrives.

whilst i dont agree with his starting line up, the tactics for the first hour were understandible.

what wasnt was the fact that we went 0-1 down and he just kept the same formation and tactics. we would still probabaly have lost but we could of at least TRIED changing things.

it was as though it was  jones going for a 0-0 or nothing.

Be interesting to see if someone has a word in his ear after these last 2 games, if he is in charge against Brighton.

Surely he must have had some regrets last night after that gutless team selection. Not buying all this cautious shite about being cut apart if you press the top teams high up the pitch. You only need to look at Palace and Brighton yesterday to see that even the top teams make mistakes when pressed.

We’ve got the players to go there and have a right good go with the right selection such as the following.

Dubravka

Fernandez- Lascelles - Schar

Manquillo                                           Lewis

Willock    Longstaff

St Max                      Wilson            Almiron

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Which he can't even do that well.

Aye, kicked it out several times. We always had a full back available to play out from the back but no, more defending please.

I mentioned this yesterday but Jones had a word with Ritchie midway through the 1st half, presumably about the space James was enjoying. They’ll have had HT to talk about it as well; nothing changed. I’ve no idea wtf went there. Tuchel clearly recognised the weakness we have in this area, we seemed to know this as well.....

Is Krafth being picked because he has a long throw, why is Longstaff being picked and ASM has gone missing in action.

Brighton will be painful to watch. They are organised, pass the ball well, have a plan and believe in what they’re doing. Fraser and Longstaff need benched, Willock and Almiron need to come in. Christ knows what we do with the defence, I’d bench Clark and Krafth for starters and if Lamptey gets a start up against Ritchie it’ll be carnage down that side. Ritchie will be the bet of the weekend to get booked. I’m waiting for Joel and Hendrick to get starts tbh.

35 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Is Krafth being picked because he has a long throw, why is Longstaff being picked and ASM has gone missing in action.

IMO Jones wants balance in the back three. Krafth is supposed to be playing an Azpilicueta type role as a right back converted into a right sided defender (:lol:) and Clark plays on the other side because he's left footed.

Of course both Krafth and Clark are utterly shit so that's where the tactics fail. 

I'm with the consensus that going 4 at the back is the only way forward

Dubravka

Manquillo       Schar             Fernandez      Dummett

Hayden

Willock.              Longstaff

Almiron                                                       Saint-Maximin

Wilson

Unfortunately this does mean Almiron on the right where he isn't really suited but you have to play to ASM's strengths.

Edited by Sima

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

I'm with the consensus that going 4 at the back is the only way forward

Dubravka

Manquillo       Schar             Fernandez      Dummett

Hayden

Willock.              Longstaff

Almiron                                                       Saint-Maximin

Wilson

Unfortunately this does mean Almiron on the right where he isn't really suited but you have to play to ASM's strengths.

Drop Longstaff, move Almirón to the 10 and play Murphy on the right, or give Fraser a shot in his actual position.

While I do think Jones has made some errors his hands are tied. It does go on the players as well because we're not a great side with a lot of talent and the little talent we do have we haven't found a way to play that suits them all. I'd struggle to describe our system or tactics as we rarely play football. If he does get the Brighton game just go for something radical with either a change of formation, players or both. It isn't like he is risking his shot at the job and for those players on the fringes they'll most likely not get much playing time moving forward. Some quick wins are get Dubravka back in to offer some leadership in the backline, Fernandez needs to come in for any of the other three and Almiron should be back in the starting line up.

If where going 4 at the back and considering the lack of creativity in midfield, the West Ham system would seem our best bet.

All you need is 2 holding midfield players to protect back 4 and then the 3 attackers behind Wilson.

Fraser - Almiron - St Max 

If you wanted to mix it up Willock could possibly play central in the 3 and move Almiron wide for Fraser. There are undoubtedly ways the team can be set up better, the trouble is the useless cunts in the dugout presently.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

He’s a joke, imo. I don’t want to see him manage another game. The game plan was awful, and he is incapable of changing during the match 

Changing what, the squad is rancid due to Bruce.

When you look at the players on the pitch that are unable to last 60 mins, these are the ones who've been playing week in week out. How fit do you suppose those who haven't had the benefit are going to be. It's going to take weeks of full time training to get into shape. One down.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If where going 4 at the back and considering the lack of creativity in midfield, the West Ham system would seem our best bet.

All you need is 2 holding midfield players to protect back 4 and then the 3 attackers behind Wilson.

Fraser - Almiron - St Max 

If you wanted to mix it up Willock could possibly play central in the 3 and move Almiron wide for Fraser. There are undoubtedly ways the team can be set up better, the trouble is the useless cunts in the dugout presently.

Mentioning Willock, I can probably count on one hand the amount of times he has got into the box this season. Last season he was getting in the box on numerous occasions every game. 

Jones needs to change the team.

Dubravka

Manquillo       Schar   Fernandez     Lewis

Willock         Hayden

Saint-Maximin   Almiron        Joelinton

Wilson

Rational: Almiron in his best position, Joelinton in his best position plus he can help Lewis on the left, ASM out wide where he’s most effective though not on the left but he’s good enough to play on the right, Lewis to counter Lamptey. Schar to improve retaining possession and building from the back. Willock retaining possession under the press in midfield and getting it to to the attacking quartet and breaking late into the box. Hayden sitting.

Edited by SAK

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Mentioning Willock, I can probably count on one hand the amount of times he has got into the box this season. Last season he was getting in the box on numerous occasions every game. 

Last season he was trained by Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah seems like he’s been shackled and looks lost in current system. Same with Almiron aswell, the whole set up just reeks of negative tactics.

Need dubs behind the defence.

I would stick with the 3 central defenders system, get schar and fede either side of lascelles. Manquillo is playing ok at wingback and we need to try lewis or murphy instead of ritchie.

I think hayden needs to hold with willock and almiron either side of him, they put in a shift and technically can get us up the field better.

ASM and calum up top.

If we did somehow score, bring joe on (ASM) for another defensive shift with the midfield.