Graeme Jones

loki679

Just now, Kanji said:

Split striker seemed to work when Willock, Wilson were fit. It fell apart as soon as Wilson got hurt. 

Willock only played 1 game, his debut, in that system with Wilson. Wilson went off injured in the same game after 36 minutes, not seen until Burnley away. Wilson played just 3 games in that system, won 2 lost 1.

won 2 and lost 1. Hmph, seemed to work better than it didn't. What point are you trying to make? I'm trying to say that when Jones came in we played a forward thinking formation when everyone was fit. Yes we reverted to a back 5 and etc later in the season but we approached 2 games with odd selection, defensive based completely and tried to grind out a 0-0 or 1-0 nick win. So I was shocked at his team selection and tactics. 

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I’m really trying to stay away from this but was it Jones who dictated the amount of days off or how many times they trained?

I don't know, do you?  Shit house Bruce said he was going off his "experts" (whoever the fuck they are!) regarding training schedule's and rest days. I personally think Bruce had fuck all to do with anything apart from sitting in his office eating cake and picking the 11 for the Saturday. He surrounded himself with other people to do all the work. Just so happens the people he surrounded himself with were just as shite as him.

Edited by reefatoon

Guest neesy111

Training schedule was based on Bruce's commute from Cheshire.

He's not to blame for that, but he is to blame for the shite tactics and team selection considering he's been at the club for other 10 months.

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I don't know, do you?  Shit house Bruce said he was going off his "experts" (whoever the fuck they are!) regarding training schedule's and rest days. I personally think Bruce had fuck all to do with anything apart from sitting in his office eating cake and picking the 11 for the Saturday. He surrounded himself with other people to do all the work. Just so happens the people he surrounded himself with were just as shite as him.

👍🏻 So as not to expose his shithousery! Shit hiding amongst shit! 💩

Edited by PauloGeordio

Nothing in Jones' career history suggests he's a particularly good coach (by PL standards). 

The new head coach should be free to select his own coaching team. I don't really see much benefit in keeping any of the current team, Jones included. 

That was my thinking before he became caretaker - his team selections and tactics since then have been absolutely rank so my mind isn't changing.

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I’m really trying to stay away from this but was it Jones who dictated the amount of days off or how many times they trained?

I get it though TM, you think Jones is Brill and I think Jones is shite and we are never going to agree [emoji38]

34 minutes ago, Kanji said:

won 2 and lost 1. Hmph, seemed to work better than it didn't. What point are you trying to make? I'm trying to say that when Jones came in we played a forward thinking formation when everyone was fit. Yes we reverted to a back 5 and etc later in the season but we approached 2 games with odd selection, defensive based completely and tried to grind out a 0-0 or 1-0 nick win. So I was shocked at his team selection and tactics. 

I'm trying to say that the split striker thing was shite. 6pts from 9 v Everton, Palace and Southampton is hardly cause for calling it to work more than it didn't given the 3pts from 18 after it. One player shouldn't be the reason of a success or downfall of a gameplan. Jones is seemingly part of the problem here given the persistence of what Bruce was doing before; 8 games where we won twice with his at-times-striker-less formation last season isn't cause for me to think otherwise.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I don’t think he’s ‘brill’, I just think he’s getting some shit he doesn’t deserve 

Sorry, I thought you said he "had to stay no matter what" a couple of pages back?

20 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm trying to say that the split striker thing was shite. 6pts from 9 v Everton, Palace and Southampton is hardly cause for calling it to work more than it didn't given the 3pts from 18 after it. One player shouldn't be the reason of a success or downfall of a gameplan. Jones is seemingly part of the problem here given the persistence of what Bruce was doing before; 8 games where we won twice with his at-times-striker-less formation last season isn't cause for me to think otherwise.

I won't let this one go. 6 pts from 9 pts with everyone fit - do the math on on that man. 

You've been supporting this club for a while but you know very well that this club lives and dies on relying on 1 player to be fit given the lack of squad depth. So our main striker goes down - it's been the story of our existence under MA man.  Of course the whole thing falls apart when the 1 guy who carries the ball and creates magic gets hurt and the leading scorer also goes down. It's done for. The system was shot and should have been moved on. 

It was shite when the original players he needed to play it went down hurt, and they failed to adapt and that is totally on him, Bruce, et al.

I know you've got issues with Jones and want a new manager but christ man - going back to a back 5 made sense when it did because we needed to change it up with the players at disposal. 

Jones should have played the best players fit and ready to go and he did not.  I'm done with this convo because I really like you but you're just randomly picking at this. Chill bro. 

Edited by Kanji

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Sorry, I thought you said he "had to stay no matter what" a couple of pages back?

Can’t remember if I used those exact words but I think he’s a good coach from listening to what our (and England) players have said about him. That along with he understands the area would for me suggest he could have role in the future, not necessarily with the first team though

Conte, with backing, will soon turn Spurs around as any decent manager would. They have an incredibly talented squad that isn’t performing and two of the best forwards up front in the world. They should have taken the money for Kane in the summer, and I’m not so sure he’s a Conte type forward, but Kane scoring goals for fun like he always has done, is half the battle. Nuno was never the right fit, you appoint him at the stage they did with Poch. He’s a good manager though and looks like he could do with some time out, I’d have him at NUFC yesterday mind.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I won't let this one go. 6 pts from 9 pts with everyone fit - do the math on on that man. 

You've been supporting this club for a while but you know very well that this club lives and dies on relying on 1 player to be fit given the lack of squad depth. So our main striker goes down - it's been the story of our existence under MA man. 

It was shite when the original players he needed to play it went down hurt, and they failed to adapt and that is totally on him, Bruce, et al.

I know you've got issues with Jones and want a new manager but christ man - going back to a back 5 made sense when it did because we needed to change it up with the players at disposal. 

Jones should have played the best players fit and ready to go and he did not. 

Also bearing in mind that the 6pts came from an Everton side who couldn't stop losing to shit teams at Goodison and a Southampton side who in the game prior lost 9-0. 

Has it? Benitez managed when players were out, albeit very rarely were players out injured under him. 

Aye it is.

When we went back to a back 5 at home to Spurs last season, we'd won 2 in 25 games playing 5 at the back. That was supplemented by Willock's ridiculous goalscoring run. Admittedly performances did improve although we did keep just the 1 clean sheet playing 5 defenders which was against bottom club Sheffield United. 

And yep.

He’s like most of our players, bang average and belongs in the Championship/elsewhere. It’s not his fault how bad we are, but it’s his fault when he picks the wrong team, formation and tactics when he does truly have that kind of power which he now does… Chelsea was one of the worse performances I’ve seen in years, criminal inability to even pass the ball to feet a few yards for a few passes!

Edited by HTT II

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We played so many long balls to Wilson up against Rudiger lol, don’t think he won a single header poor guy. 

The absolute worst was the kick off after each goal conceded. Straight back to Darlow who came tearing out of his box to belt it as far as he could with everyone rushing forward. Honestly thought I was watching egg-chasing ffs. Next step would’ve been to kick it into touch.

Just now, ManDoon said:

It was so bad I could barely believe it. I swear we didn’t win a single header. It’s just a really weird tactic against someone like Rudiger. Its gross to watch. 

Aye it’s rank. The lad who sits next to me has major anger issues and also likes to pass comment on every bloody pass. Honestly thought he was about to keel aawa as the veins in his neck became more prominent as he shouted “what the fuck’s that? It’s coming straight back!” each time we punted it.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It was mad, it was essentially just playing to their CBs strength. He will dominate Wilson aerially, which he did.   I don’t understand it. It’s pretty basic stuff. You look at match ups and try to give yourself an advantage. How could you think that long balls would be our advantage? And it was a tactic, 100 percent. Don’t think we won a single second ball lol 

Nah we didn’t. On the couple of occasions Wilson actually won a header and flicked it on anarl, ASM hasn’t made the run. It was embarrassing to watch.

Tactically it was one of the most inept performances I’ve ever seen and bearing in mind the managers we’ve had over the past 14 years in particular, that’s quite the accolade.                          

Edited by Holmesy

12 hours ago, reefatoon said:

If it's HIS experts as opposed to the club's then of course they're advising HIM to take 4 days off