Graeme Jones

loki679

3 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

We were comically bad under Carver.

And to be fair to Jones, Carver actually claimed to be a manager (and claimed at least once to be the best in the Premier, as I recall).

He has been absolutely slaughtered, perhaps rightly so, but he’s only lost to the league-leaders and picked up two points which may prove crucial. Struggle to feel any ill will towards him. 

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

2 away draws and a loss to Chelsea?  That's not bad :lol:  

Aye, i agree, not Jones biggest fan after seeing how he set up the team in theese 3 matches but still the result of 2 points in thoose 3 games is 2 more points than i think we would have had under Bruce 

The majority of the players have played a sit back and concede possession tactic their whole time here. Even under Rafa we were needlessly negative in certain games in the championship. 

People were saying in the other thread Jones should be giving us a new identity [emoji38] It's not FM, there's no quick switch to set the team to play high pressing attacking football all of a sudden. He's been told he has two games (ended up being three) to work with, there's a limit to what you can do in that time frame really. We have a poor limited squad low on confidence. His selections weren't what I'd have went for either but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a cunt or needs sacked. Two away points were decent in the grand scheme of things. 

Eddie can come in now and change things, but it's going to take time. Looking forward to reading all the abuse he gets when we don't look like prime Barca against Brentford next game anyway. 

I've got nothing bad to say about Jones. He came in as a coach, and it's been leaked he wouldn't want the position full time. It seems he knows he's not a manager, as well as we do. In my opinion, he's got us two points where we would've had zero under Bruce. He's done what he can with what he was given, I thank him for that and it's time to move on.

A close friend of mine who is a Luton town season ticket holder warned me of  this twat …. Unless the players were doing exactly as he told them not to this bloke is an utter wanker who  has absolutely zero idea !!!! 

Edited by Deputy Dawg UK

Just now, Deputy Dawg UK said:

A close friend of mine who is a Luton town season ticket holder warned me if this twat …. Unless the players were doing exactly as he told them not to this bloke is an utter twat who has absolutely zero idea !!!! 

Think that was one of the main themes when he joined. True Faith podcast definitely talked about how much he was disliked by Luton fans. 

Watched some of the England behind the scenes stuff in the summer and he seemed to have some interesting drills on the go. I think, it’s confirmed now having seen him, that’s his level - very much a coach rather than a manager.

He might be able to work well with certain players to fine tune particular aspects of their game but he’s not cut out for overseeing how an entire team plays over 90 minutes.

Don't get the anger here. Never sold himself like Carver did. Stepped up when asked and that was it. I don't agree with his decisions, but maybe he's seen things we haven't. At the end of the day, it's up to Howe from now on.

Seems a decent guy, happy for him if he gets to stay on in some sort of role despite his obvious managerial limitations. Dunno why people have to be such dicks about him tbh. Who the fuck else did you want to stand up when Bruce was sacked?

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m disappointed how he hasn’t even given management a shot. 

That said, I did think we were trying to keep the ball better before the pen today. Still mental team election though. 

Tbh I think he knows it's not his strong suit, especially after Luton, and I respect him for that. 

Got to be honest here, after the past fortnight or so of seeing him get stick, and by that I don't mean criticism of his tactics and team selection, but actual anger and/or hate directed his way, it's been disappointing.

Some of us were crying out for him to get a chance, and obviously he's not the solution, and he never proposed himself to be. For all the rubbish in the media about us hounding Bruce out I think we know better than to give a coach shit for stepping in for three games.

5 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Thought Willock was the sub to make whilst we were on top 2nd half. 

Thought the same tbh joelinton was OK. Though willock would come on after but I can see why he kept shelvey on, the game opened up which is the perfect/only environment for him and Hayden was never coming off. Wilson was gassed, ASM pretty impudent but you keep players on that can change the game like they can with a quick chance.

Willock should be a huge part of the team after the break though.

Got 2 points that we would have struggled to get under Bruce, although if Bruce was still here we might have had at least one performance out of ASM. Jones had every right to expect the same player and had he shown up at Palace or Brighton, his tactics and team selection might have been vindicated.