Graeme Jones

loki679

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Well done Graeme!!!

Just goes to show what all of us have been thinking since the upturn. Disgrace that Bruce gets recognition for manager of the month.

Do you think he had the dignity/humility to give it to jones?:whistle:

Keegan used to insist on his staff collecting the award. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-best-signing-london-meeting-20731271

Jones, after all, takes charge of training most days. ChronicleLive understands Newcastle players have been struck by how they never know what is coming on a particular day at Benton because Jones changes up the drills so much, which keeps them stimulated, and the assistant's finishing drills, in particular, have proved popular.

Jones' attention to detail has also been welcomed and it is not a coincidence that you often see the assistant sitting in front of an iPad.

When it comes to post-match analysis, at Luton, for example, Jones used to spend four hours analysing the Hatters' play before then watching the opposition for a further four hours.

As a result, Jones felt informed enough to be able to plan the subsequent session, arriving into Luton's training ground three-and-a-half hours before training was due to get under way.

Gary Brabin, who is Jones' best friend, has seen this level of detail firsthand and the former Luton assistant believes the 51-year-old has 'probably been Steve Bruce's best signing this season'.

"I know he comes in and he's very thorough in his work and I think when you see the way he works, people buy into that," Brabin told ChronicleLive. "Someone like Graeme unites people and people want to buy into that.

"At the end of the day, we're all in this industry for the same thing and players want to play football.

"If the attention is there for them, and the guidance is there for them, they will buy into that and I'm sure that will have made a big impact at Newcastle when he has come in."

Edited by nbthree3

Guest HTT II

Rafa loves anyone who shares his meticulous methods/approach so I’d imagine he’d like him. 

53 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Rafa loves anyone who shares his meticulous methods/approach so I’d imagine he’d like him. 

Rada probably has a 20 page dossier on Jones and recommended him to the club via other channels. [emoji38]

Guest HTT II

It wouldn’t surprise me honestly that he had him earmarked as a potential future coaching addition, or Carr for that matter. I guarantee Bruce had never heard of him prior to his appointment much less had a say in any decision whatsoever to bring him in.

So basically, as we all suspected, it's not Bruce who turned it around, and it's not really Bruce they started playing for. And If another manager decided he wanted Jones as an assistant, Bruce would be exposed again straight away.

46 minutes ago, toon25 said:

The club are advertising for a Head Sports Scientist, I see. I wonder if that, also, is Jones's doing.

The current one has just left.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HTT II
11 hours ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Wor Graham, Training the lads at the end.

Looks more fun than Brucies, chase the ice cream van!

Again, class drill! Somehow I can’t imagine Joelinton doing anything decent with such a drill…