Graeme Jones

loki679

3 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Seems very clear.

"Has he gone?"

"No he hasn't".

‘Nobody’ hasn’t had a ‘mare or Jones hasn’t gone?

Logical ambiguity 

23 minutes ago, RS said:

‘Nobody’ hasn’t had a ‘mare or Jones hasn’t gone?

Logical ambiguity 

He answered the first question clearly.

If he had also answered the second question, there would have been a second answer.

There was no second answer, so no ambiguity at all "asked and answered"!! 

13 hours ago, manorpark said:

He answered the first question clearly.

If he had also answered the second question, there would have been a second answer.

There was no second answer, so no ambiguity at all "asked and answered"!! 

Maybe we just need to W A I T for it.

From the other day, Bruce on Jones https://www.telegraph.co.uk/euro-2021/2021/07/11/frightening-steve-holland-outspoken-graeme-jones-meet-englands/

“The one thing I knew he would be is hard-working,” explained Bruce. “He will plan and plan to make sure that the training is right, and he is strong-minded. What you want to avoid in management is people who just say yes to you the whole time.

“He’s driven, he’s a typical Geordie, rolls his sleeves up and gets stuck into it. I can’t speak highly enough of him. He brought something to us last season.

“The other thing I liked about him was how quickly he integrated into the team behind the team. I’ve never had one voice around me and he has been a terrific addition.”

“Gareth liked the fact that he had that international experience – he’s used to being alongside big names,” Bruce added. “When you’ve been around the likes of Hazard, Lukaku and De Bruyne, he wasn’t going to be fazed going into the England dressing room. That will have helped enormously and he will not be telling Gareth what he wants to hear.

“He’ll have an opinion and Gareth will make the decisions. That’s why he was my first choice at Newcastle – that and the fact he is from the North East and this club means something to him.”

5 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

From the other day, Bruce on Jones https://www.telegraph.co.uk/euro-2021/2021/07/11/frightening-steve-holland-outspoken-graeme-jones-meet-englands/

“The one thing I knew he would be is hard-working,” explained Bruce. “He will plan and plan to make sure that the training is right, and he is strong-minded. What you want to avoid in management is people who just say yes to you the whole time.

“He’s driven, he’s a typical Geordie, rolls his sleeves up and gets stuck into it. I can’t speak highly enough of him. He brought something to us last season.

“The other thing I liked about him was how quickly he integrated into the team behind the team. I’ve never had one voice around me and he has been a terrific addition.”

“Gareth liked the fact that he had that international experience – he’s used to being alongside big names,” Bruce added. “When you’ve been around the likes of Hazard, Lukaku and De Bruyne, he wasn’t going to be fazed going into the England dressing room. That will have helped enormously and he will not be telling Gareth what he wants to hear.

“He’ll have an opinion and Gareth will make the decisions. That’s why he was my first choice at Newcastle – that and the fact he is from the North East and this club means something to him.”

He's fucking obsessed.

54 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Doesn't sound like he actually has a clue what Jones' strengths are. 

• 3 weeks later...

Callum Wilson on Graeme Jones: https://theathletic.com/2741460/2021/08/02/shearer-meets-wilson-asking-joelinton-for-no-9-shirt-targeting-world-cup-with-saint-maximin-dinner-with-ashley/

“I think Graeme Jones coming in as a coach (in January), definitely complemented the manager because he’s a little bit more tactically aware and up to date, whereas the manager has his different strengths and attributes. When you see the results towards the back end of the season and the way we were in games, we had more of a style and philosophy. That will happen from the start of the season with a good coach around to help out the previous coaches."

As it's convenient here a bit on Bruce:

“I spoke to him before I joined the club and got a good vibe,” Callum says. “He seemed like a very good man-manager and had me laughing on the phone. I thought, ‘OK, that’s what you want. You want a good working environment’. As a player, all you want is to be in the team, so if the manager picks you, you’re always going to get along. I’ve not been in his bad books yet! You just try to perform and make sure you can do him a favour and repay the fee they’ve paid for you.”