Graeme Jones

loki679

Didn't he return to the fold quite late? 

By the sounds of its the biggest issue yesterday was fitness levels, which was a massive problem until the back end of last season. Even when they improved they still could have been better.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, huss9 said:

but surely bruce is desperate to cling to his job and would take any decent advice going.

I think it was a desperation move to keep us up and it worked. Once safety was secured his ideas were ditched and Bruce reverted back to his original setup since then and it's been crap again.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think it's quite clear the guy has been pushed into the back ground now. Hope he gets another gig and leaves Bruce to implode.

So why was he given the team talk on Wednesday and he was the one instructing Joelington today.

Edited by et tu brute

Think it's quite clear the guy has been pushed into the back ground now. Hope he gets another gig and leaves Bruce to implode.

I am also somewhat behind this theory, its clear as hell the ego belonging to bacon tittyfuck by now.

Bloke wouldn't have been called up for England if he didn't have something about him.

Edited by Amir_9

Just now, et tu brute said:

So why was he given the team talk on Wednesday and he was the one instructing Joelington. 

All I know is the system he put in place when he first came in, and that was serving us really well has been completely ditched. He's now seemingly been relegated to being one of the Steve's, surprised he hasn't changed his name yet, and so I imagine he's following whatever instructions Bruce has given him and the other goons.

All I know is the system he put in place when he first came in, and that was serving us really well has been completely ditched. He's now seemingly been relegated to being one of the Steve's, surprised he hasn't changed his name yet, and so I imagine he's following whatever instructions Bruce has given him and the other goons.

:lol:

Just now, KaKa said:

I disagree I think this is his system. The way Bruce was just casually walking around on Wednesday whilst Jones was in the middle of the players was a tell tale sign for me. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I disagree I think this is his system. The way Bruce was just casually walking around on Wednesday whilst Jones was in the middle of the players was a tell tale sign for me. 

Go back and read over the Jones thread when he first came in.

We switched to 4 at the back and a diamond midfield with Almiron in the number 10 just behind Wilson and ASM. We pressed higher up the pitch and were using the ball much better too.

Jones was getting a lot of praise at the time and I think it annoyed Bruce. Once safety looked a certainty we seemed to switch back to the 5-3-2 Bruce had been trying to get going beforehand and we've now started stinking it up again.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Go back and read over the Jones thread when he first came in.

We switched to 4 at the back and a diamond midfield with Almiron in the number 10 just behind Wilson and ASM. We pressed higher up the pitch and were using the ball much better too.

Jones was getting a lot of praise at the time and I think it annoyed Bruce. Once safety looked a certainty we seemed to switch back to the 5-3-2 Bruce had been trying to get going beforehand and we've now started stinking it up again.

We played with 5 at the back for the majority of the run in last season after the Brighton defeat. Go and have a look.

4 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

That was as much because we lost Wilson and ASM, and Gayle and Joelinton proved they couldn’t do split strikers. We got punished at least once and Bruce went to the safety zone of 8-1-1

We lost Wilson after Southampton at home. We did not revert to 4 at the back on his return. Kaka said we only started playing 5 at the back when the threat of relegation was over. That is just not correct. 

Edited by et tu brute

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

This is the system Bruce used at Villa and the first pre-season / two games of his first season before he bottled it after the Norwich hammering and copied the Benitez 5-2-3.

I reckon Jones has some influence but Bruce is too arrogant to ever allow him full autonomy. Though just because Jones is talking to the team doesn't mean it's necessarily his message.

Bruce has also said that Jones takes the forwards training and Bruce himself leads the defensive side - we've scored twice in 2 of our games so we can score goals, it's the goals we're leaking that is costing us.

Either way, the setup is far from what's required for a PL team.

Guest reefatoon

He’s a true PFM in the making. Hates possession, loves everyone behind the ball. Hates going further than the edge of our own box and gets a total stot on for the hoof to the lonely striker.