Graeme Jones

loki679

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Jesus, rewind when Jones came in and everyone was shagging him.

Two games managing shit players and he has a draw away at Palace, and a loss to the potential league champions, and current UCL champions. :lol:

Surely you can look at more than just the results to see why people feel this way. 

His team selection last week was questionable however even giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming fitness was a factor, his selection today was cowardly by keeping it the same.

We got a result last week but there were poor performances and they should have been addressed in today's lineup, especially with Willock and Almiron a week fitter. Those same poor performances were replicated today by the same players.

Our initial gameplan to park the bus worked only so well and he inspired absolutely nothing from the players when we went a goal behind. 

People are rightfully frustrated and concerned that he may have more games in charge, IMO. 

Guest reefatoon

I really hope people realise that it wasn’t just Bruce who trained, coached and sorted the team. His back room team are just as much to blame for how clueless, lost and unfit this bunch of players are and that includes Jones. They are all as culpable as Bruce for how shit we are and all need booting out. 

6 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Exactly.

The guy is clearly a good coach. 

What exactly, from his time coaching our players, makes you say this? I see nothing from our players that make me think they have a good coach. 

2 minutes ago, Bintang said:

What exactly, from his time coaching our players, makes you say this? I see nothing from our players that make me think they have a good coach. 

He was set piece coach for England. All corners and free kicks were absolutely shite :lol:

Just now, Lenny said:

Surely you can look at more than just the results to see why people feel this way. 

His team selection last week was questionable however even giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming fitness was a factor, his selection today was cowardly by keeping it the same.

We got a result last week but there were poor performances and they should have been addressed in today's lineup, especially with Willock and Almiron a week fitter. Those same poor performances were replicated today by the same players.

Our initial gameplan to park the bus worked only so well and he inspired absolutely nothing from the players when we went a goal behind. 

People are rightfully frustrated and concerned that he may have more games in charge, IMO. 

No of course I get that, I'm not sure he will get more games, I'm pretty sure they will act soon.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else, I'm just not blaming Jones for that, there were players ignoring instructions, bottling it. Theres too many Thicko's among the first 11, Manquilo,Kraft,Longstaff,Lascelles, they're all brain dead in decision making and reactions. 

Are go to plan when in attack, look for a way to get it back to Darlow when we're frightened by the press.

I'll let Jones off, and I dont want him sacked, that Mackem slaphead can go though, bizarre he's still around offering input.

There is very little to suggest there's any good coaching going on with these players. What constitutes good coaching because today's response to going a goal down has no positive reflection on our coaching. 

The players either went a goal down and didn't execute a response plan that was asked of them, or the players did exactly what was asked of them.

Either of those don't suggest good coaching. 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

No of course I get that, I'm not sure he will get more games, I'm pretty sure they will act soon.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else, I'm just not blaming Jones for that, there were players ignoring instructions, bottling it. Theres too many Thicko's among the first 11, Manquilo,Kraft,Longstaff,Lascelles, they're all brain dead in decision making and reactions. 

Are go to plan when in attack, look for a way to get it back to Darlow when we're frightened by the press.

I'll let Jones off, and I dont want him sacked, that Mackem slaphead can go though, bizarre he's still around offering input.

He’s picking those players though. Schar’s sitting on the bench with Krafth playing. Fernandez isn’t even in the squad and Willocks on the bench after improving us when he came on last week. The team selection was braindead. 

Just now, Lenny said:

There is very little to suggest there's any good coaching going on with these players. What constitutes good coaching because today's response to going a goal down has no positive reflection on our coaching. 

The players either went a goal down and didn't execute a response plan that was asked of them, or the players did exactly what was asked of them.

Either of those don't suggest good coaching. 

Absolutely. Its the most basic plan someone can think of every time. Men behind the ball and hope. Same against Palace. Its the sort of tactics people trying to blag by would come up with, scrape by tactics.

Remember a game we lost to Chelsea under Roeder, he kept it tight with the intent of going for it in the last 25' which we did, could see the work that went into it. Was expecting more that from Jones than just carring on Bruce's echo

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

He’s picking those players though. Schar’s sitting on the bench with Krafth playing. Fernandez isn’t even in the squad and Willocks on the bench after improving us when he came on last week. The team selection was braindead. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with Schar to be fair. He wasn't getting picked previously either.

Its obvious with the Jones/Gayle thing he (Jones) might not be the easiest to get on with in some situations. 

Who knows if Schar is down the pecking order?

Let's see what happens, big changes are going to happen everywhere across the club over the next 8/12 weeks.

Edited by mighty__mag

I think any manager gets beaten by these that bad with this group of players. There was a clear plan 1st half to try and manage them and then go for one 2nd half. There's no miracles happening here, it's going to take time and whether Jones or Fonseca or any other manager that was happening. It's gonna take 4 or 5 games to try and get the team turned around and it may not be enough. We are woefully short due to lack of investment in that midfield and defence. 2 centre mids and new full backs improves this massively

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Jones works for England because he’s a respected coach, John Carver works for Scotland for the same reason. Both seem abject to me; those jobs are more about who you know are which courses you went on.

Terry Venables had Bryan Robson in as a coach. Think he's the only manager with a worse PL record than Bruce.

So that stands for me.

Its almost like a foil more than anything else.

It's a difficult situation to be honest. We don't have a win all season so obviously morale is low, there's been fighting amongst players recently and clearly some are unhappy about Bruce leaving. A lot of uncertainty around at the moment. There's no manager and most the players know they will be out the door soon enough as well. Jones is obviously out of his depth managing at premier League level but he was hired as a coach so we can't really use that stick to beat him with too much.

Our squad is overrated as well. You look at that team and how many would realistically get in any other side in the league? The standard in the division feels higher this year, I just don't think this is a comfortable mid table side like some people think.