Joe Willock

The obvious lineup is:

ASM Wilson

Fraser

Almiron Willock

Hayden

What evidence do we have that Fraser works in the position Almiron played so well? So the obvious line up is to move one of our best players from the weekend and put another player in  there instead in an unfamiliar role?

Fraser's got to stay fit for more than 2 weeks first anyway.

Think that's who he'll fill in for more than anyone. Maybe Hendrick, but there's no way he replaces Shelvey as Bruce thinks he's one of our blue chip players.

Wilson

ASM        Almiron      Fraser

Willock  Hayden

Surely? Most likely cabbage will interchange two of Fraser/ASM/Willock/Miggy to accommodate Hendrick and Shelvey.

This.

That team had so much pace, yet we play the most dullard football the world has ever seen.

Wilson

ASM        Almiron      Fraser

Willock  Hayden

Surely? Most likely cabbage will interchange two of Fraser/ASM/Willock/Miggy to accommodate Hendrick and Shelvey.

Yes and yes.

After a bit of Dennis Wise scouting and reading opinions from Arsenal fans I think this will be a decent signing for us assuming he’s given game time. We’re desperate for mobility instead of the Hendrick/Shelvey combo.

It doesn’t look good for the Longstaff’s though which makes it questionable one of them wasn’t sent out on loan.

The team is crying for an athletic cm.  If he can carry the ball a bit, pass and press I'm all for it.

Hayden

Longstaffs      Willock

Almiron          ASM

Wilson

Hendrick doesn't see the pitch at all.  Give the Longstaffs an extended run.  If they fail, turn to Shelvey for the occasional wonder pass.

The team is crying for an athletic cm.  If he can carry the ball a bit, pass and press I'm all for it.

I watched a few videos on youtube, purely because I know very little about him and can't ever recall seeing him play. He certainly looks like what you have described above. Box to box, can press, tackle, pass, likes to run with the ball, etc. The goal he scored against Liverpool reminded me a bit of the one Hamman scored for us against against Juve.

I watched a few videos on youtube, purely because I know very little about him and can't ever recall seeing him play. He certainly looks like what you have described above. Box to box, can press, tackle, pass, likes to run with the ball, etc. The goal he scored against Liverpool reminded me a bit of the one Hamman scored for us against against Juve.

Sounds like Yaya Toure. Fwiw I don't think he's much of a tackler. Certainly wouldn't consider him box to box. He made his debut against us at St James' where he was really quiet and on the periphery of the game. Some nice touches at times but also seemed to give the ball away quite easily. He had that mad game against Liverpool where screamers were flying in all over the place. Watched him a few times in the Europa League where he was much more influential but really hard to judge as most of those games are Championship level opposition.

He's not a heavy weight but still similarly tall to Shelvey, If not even taller, so he's not a dwarf. Most importantly this kid has legs, and even if he's an attacking midfielder I'm sure he will offer more defensively because of it.

He's far from the finished article, but one thing I really like the thought of is that with him and Miggy we'll have plenty of pace coming from deep. Just the two of them alone will draw much attention in the central areas of the pitch with their forward runs, both with and without the ball. Especially compared to before, plus Miggy hopefully continuing playing in the same position he did against Everton. ASM will benefit massively from this I think, as he will hopefully not be over crowded before he has even received the ball. Hopefully he can get the ball before the opposition has settled defensively. Move the ball quickly both in transitional play as well as from one side to the other and feed ASM  into space running towards "lonely" defenders in a disjointed line and he'll be next to unplayable at times. Wilson will obviously benefit too.

All this assuming Bruce isn't the one pulling the strings :lol:

If we're playing that same system we played against Everton then the best setup would have ASM and Wilson as front 2, Miggy as the #10, Willock and 1 of Shelvey, Longstaff (S/M), Hendrick in the other position with Hayden sitting. If you wanted to get super aggressive you stick Fraser and Willock in there and just bloody see what happens :lol: