Joe Willock

34 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

He's on loan at Granada. Don't know how he's doing but seems to be a regular starter. (Played 40, scored 7 in all comps this season)

Don’t know who will agree, but I thought even in his first season here on loan, I thought the last couple of months his form went backwards after a great first three months. The lad has got talent, but there are certainly big question marks about his attitude. His second season on loan was basically a non event for the full time he was here.

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Don’t know who will agree, but I thought even in his first season here on loan, I thought the last couple of months his form went backwards after a great first three months. The lad has got talent, but there are certainly big question marks about his attitude. His second season on loan was basically a non event for the full time he was here.

Didn’t he have some awful stat in his second loan spell, like basically didn’t touch the ball once in a whole half of football or some shite like that.

The previous season I saw him at SJP for the win against Southampton and he was awesome. Really good day that.

Then saw him in the pre season against St Pats Athletic and he looked fat and unfit.

People can make excuses for him, as mentioned above about a second loan spell hurting his feelings, but bollocks to that, he’s supposed to be a professional footballer. The minimum he could have done was show up to pre season in some sort of shape.

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Agree still think we need another midfielder on top and I have to say our central defence has been far from solid this year. Right back also, but if Ashley is still the owner nothing will happen as we know.

I mentioned it in the match thread on Saturday but I’d go back for Choudhury to partner him. Think it’d be dynamic and they’d compliment each other.

Unfortunately i think joeyt is right, we're not signing him. The kids an absolute must if we could sign him, goals from midfield are natural to him like they were to Frank Lampard on what we've seen so far. You can't train that into someone, he just has it.

Bruce can do the good things and make good signings, that's not the issue really.

As it's turn out he's a rather horrid person, putting the odd decent thing and his demeanour aside. Long term he's not good enough as a manager and that's what we base our argument (facts) on, he past record tells even the thickest of fools that.

The worst thing that could happen to him will be going back to Arsenal, being asked to do something totally different and losing all this confidence he’s built up.

I've long believed that both managers and players are just suited to some clubs more than others. He fits in here, if there’s a chance to do this deal the club have to. Pay the 30 million. Cheap when you think about his goals potential over a full season.

23 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think he’ll sign.

I don't think Arsenal will be selling whether we want to sign him or not. Their fans would be raging after the goals he's scored on loan. 

Just seen Willock's interview and he seemed to be swaying towards signing for us for the first time. The fans chanting for him to stay certainly seems to have affected his thinking. 

Seems a reasonable shout that another loan will be on the cards. 

Difficult to predict what sort of transfer budget we'll get this summer. The agenda is that we'll get nowt like we always do, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us spend competitively again (followed next season by the "what he's got to work with" rhetoric from the sofa mob), but Arsenal are surely gonna price us out? The lad's on fire and has his entire career in front of him. Might as well ask for daft money. 

On 17/05/2021 at 04:31, Dr Jinx said:

Didn’t he have some awful stat in his second loan spell, like basically didn’t touch the ball once in a whole half of football or some shite like that.

That was the same game where he missed the pen. Can't remember what the stat was exactly, but yeah something like that.

4 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

That was the same game where he missed the pen. Can't remember what the stat was exactly, but yeah something like that.

I'm sure it was he failed to complete a pass, was against Cardiff and like you said he topped it off by missing a penalty in the last minute